Regrowth pictures! *Picture Heavy!*

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that I'd share with you some of the progess we've made with Dr. Claw.

This is the best before picture that I have...

Here you can see where he was biting down to the skin. Don't mind the shirt it was one of many ideas that we tried...

Here we are about two weeks ago...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These were taken today...

His back was a mess for a long time...

His belly. We are still working on some of the spots here...

Why I adopted him....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... I just needed to show the other two. I can't play favorites!

Scratch looking at the birds..

8-Bit and is Purrpa...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure... when we adopted him we weren't told that he ripped out his own fur. After five or six vet visits, advice from people here at TCS, and prayer he stopped.

We've been giving him weekly baths and that's when the issue stopped totally. He doesn't like them, but the results are amazing.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all - I can't help it, but I think your hubby is ADORABLE, especially when he's half-nekkid.
I have a thing for furry men.

Ok, now that I got that out
let me say that the change in Dr. Claw's coat is absolutely amazing - that's not even strong enough to describe how wonderful and fantastic and how HUGE the change is in him!!!

YOU are amazing
for everything that you have given this boy and it brings me to tears to see the changes in him since you've gotten him. Thank you so much for sharing the piccies with us and for sharing your love of him with us!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, look at his belly, the poor boy really made a mess of himself

He's looking soooooo much better now! He must be much happier as well
Isn't it amazing after everything you tried, and all the things the vet tried that something so simple could fix it...

And I love that pic of Scratch - he looks so handsome with his big eyes! Of course Bit is just as cute as always as well

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is really coming along so well! Awww look at his belly. I am so happy that the weekly baths are helping.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

First of all - I can't help it, but I think your hubby is ADORABLE, especially when he's half-nekkid.
I have a thing for furry men.

Ok, now that I got that out
let me say that the change in Dr. Claw's coat is absolutely amazing - that's not even strong enough to describe how wonderful and fantastic and how HUGE the change is in him!!!

YOU are amazing
for everything that you have given this boy and it brings me to tears to see the changes in him since you've gotten him. Thank you so much for sharing the piccies with us and for sharing your love of him with us!
Thank you... I've had my moments where I've cried over this. I know he was in bad shape, but it's wonderful to see him turn around.

Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, look at his belly, the poor boy really made a mess of himself

He's looking soooooo much better now! He must be much happier as well
Isn't it amazing after everything you tried, and all the things the vet tried that something so simple could fix it...

And I love that pic of Scratch - he looks so handsome with his big eyes! Of course Bit is just as cute as always as well
We totally over thought it!
He's really happy now, and I'm almost ready to start my next project with him. He's terrified of the cat tree.

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

He is really coming along so well! Awww look at his belly. I am so happy that the weekly baths are helping.
His belly is going to take the longest. I'm able to soap up the sides of him, but I'll need a second pair of hands to get at his belly. Looks like DH gets to be my lovely assistant!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's amazing! He'll have a full coat by the time the weather turns cool. And no one can ever tell him again that he's an "ugly cat"

Also, it looks like you guys need a larger bed. I didn't realize how big your boys were but between them and hubby, it looks like there isn't much room left in the bed, LOL

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

He looks awesome! Do you guys know why he was pulling his fur out? Was it stress?
I'm curious too!
Aw, it looks great though! I hope he doesn't do it again.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure that is the same cat!?! Wow, what a difference! He is even more gorgeous now that he is looking sleek and furry! (and the other kits ar beautiful too!)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

wow, Dr D Claw is looking fabulous!!!
Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Wow, that's amazing! He'll have a full coat by the time the weather turns cool. And no one can ever tell him again that he's an "ugly cat"

Also, it looks like you guys need a larger bed. I didn't realize how big your boys were but between them and hubby, it looks like there isn't much room left in the bed, LOL
I will show your post to my husband.... I've been begging for a bigger bed for two years!

Originally Posted by Fostermomm

He looks awesome! Do you guys know why he was pulling his fur out? Was it stress?
I think he had some sort of combination of stress and allergy. To be honest I don't think I'll ever really know.

Originally Posted by adymarie

Are you sure that is the same cat!?! Wow, what a difference! He is even more gorgeous now that he is looking sleek and furry! (and the other kits ar beautiful too!)
Thank you! I'm proud of my boys.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed that Scratch's whiskers go out of the frame of the picture! I didn't realize they were that big!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I just noticed that Scratch's whiskers go out of the frame of the picture! I didn't realize they were that big!
Holy dooley, I didn't notice either!!!! They are LOOOOOOONG!!!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What wonderful progress! Dr Claw is looking terrific -- Ok, so his belly isn't perfect yet, but he's more than just on the way.

And all your other boys are lovely, too.