So my car was at the shop getting the $800.00 repair

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
and they called me and said, "ah yeah we ordered the wrong part. Do you want us to leave on this one or put the old one back on?"
If they left the new one on, my steering wheel would be in the 90 degree turn position!!! I had them put the old one back on, and i need to wait 8 days for the new part to get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my car is leaking power steering fluid just about every where i go. 'Drive it as little as possible' they said. Great!! Luckily i work a few miles from home.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should be lending you a car to use! That's dangerous, driving like that!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should have told them, "nah, just leave the new part on there, I'll just drive around your parking lot in a circle for the next 8 days until the right part is in."

What a stupid question.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
exactly!!!!! I would be calling there manager, and demanding a loaner!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know, I'm already prepared for war if they try to charge me more.
I was waiting for them to offer me a loaner or something, jeez!

They did say that their 'book' seriously misquoted the labor time; i hope they have to pay more for the part.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuJubee

I know, I'm already prepared for war if they try to charge me more.
I was waiting for them to offer me a loaner or something, jeez!

They did say that their 'book' seriously misquoted the labor time; i hope they have to pay more for the part.
I've worked in parts/service before & these things do happen. Parts come in wrong all the time, and its not always at the fault of the mechanic or the person that orders the parts either. Sometimes they are misordered by the factory that sends them, or maybe the book isn't specific enough & they did get the wrong part.
Either way, it happens all the time and its not right, but it does.

8 days is a long time to give them a loaner for you, depending on if they need to get a car from Enterprise (thats like $18.00 per day if they are contracted with them- higher if they aren't- like $28-$30 per day) that they'd have to pay for a loaner, or sometimes they have them at the shop thru the company that they can give out too.

Did you ask for a loaner vehicle?

I'm sorry you had to deal with this, I hope its not too terribly expensive & you can get around in your car.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, i'm not blaming them, this is purely a rant. After the initial $$$$$$$ shock, I just wanted it done. The other part is having to wait so long for the exchange part !
You know, once something leaks it gets worse before it gets better.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuJubee

Oh, i'm not blaming them, this is purely a rant. After the initial $$$$$$$ shock, I just wanted it done. The other part is having to wait so long for the exchange part !
You know, once something leaks it gets worse before it gets better.
I totally understand where your coming from! I'd be the same way though too- but sometimes people think that the service people do this stuff on purpose, or its always their fault- sometimes its not!

I'm kinda surprised they couldn't get the part shipped to you next day air or something like that. Thats what we always did at my job when we got something wrong- that way the customer didnt have to wait a long time-8 days like you are- and that way everyone is pretty happy!

I hope you get it all fixed quickly and cheaper than you think!!