TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does it ever get easier?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does it ever get easier?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
This morning I droped Jordan off at the vet to have his ultra sound. He's going to be there all day, and it was so hard. I'm better now, but I cried as I drove away. For those who have done this regularly, does it every get easier?
post #2 of 14
Awwwww I know i bawled my eyes out when i had to leave them for their spays I remember taking Sophie thinking " Don't cry, she'll be fine like Rosie was", but the minute the nurse took her carrier off me i couldn't help it

You watch, i'll be the same with Jack when he goes to be neutered as well
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
It was the look on his face like, where are you going? that did it to me. I was thinking, if he has chemo, I might have to do this every week. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
post #4 of 14
I'm sorry you are going through this, but I don't think I can say it gets better really, you love your baby and it's tough to leave him, but with the Chemo you know you are trying to make him better, keep telling yourself that, and he knows this, cats are smart as we all know. Hugs and calming vibes to you and Jordan
post #5 of 14
When you love it hurts, but at least you have the love in return! It is worth it!
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang_27 View Post
It was the look on his face like, where are you going? that did it to me. I was thinking, if he has chemo, I might have to do this every week. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
Aww i know. I was exactly the same with my two, especially Sophie because she looked right at me when i was handing the carrier over and she looked so scared

Helens been there with the chemo with her beloved Bella so she'll know exactly how your feeling
post #7 of 14
I don't know if it gets any better. Since Raven's cancer diagnosis I don't even want to leave him at home in the morning. It was really hard when I had to leave him for his biopsy. I was a wreck that day.

On the bright side: Jordan is in good hands and getting the best care possible. I'm also glad that chemo is an option for him.
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleraven7726 View Post
On the bright side: Jordan is in good hands and getting the best care possible. I'm also glad that chemo is an option for him.

I actually don't know for sure that chemo is an option. He doesn't have an official diagnosis, but the blood work doesn't look good. His ionized blood calcium is 1.7, and his lymphocytes (which my vet neglected to tell me about) were at 60% (top end of normal is 45%). SO, he's having the ultrasound with the hope that they will be able to get a diagnosis, without doing exploritory surgery.
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang_27 View Post
I actually don't know for sure that chemo is an option. He doesn't have an official diagnosis, but the blood work doesn't look good. His ionized blood calcium is 1.7, and his lymphocytes (which my vet neglected to tell me about) were at 60% (top end of normal is 45%). SO, he's having the ultrasound with the hope that they will be able to get a diagnosis, without doing exploritory surgery.
I hope it is an option.

Raven's is not treatable or removable. It's been an emotional roller coaster for my husband and I.

post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
I'm so sorry to hear that. Jordan's ultra sound showed nothing. Everything was normal. SO I'm not sure what the next step is, but the E-vet didn't think that it was time for an exploritory just yet.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang_27 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. Jordan's ultra sound showed nothing. Everything was normal. SO I'm not sure what the next step is, but the E-vet didn't think that it was time for an exploritory just yet.

I don't know if it is good or bad that nothing has shown up! I hope that he starts improving soon.
post #12 of 14
Susan,

I cried when I took Chevy in for his neuter. Summer had to get tested for a UTI, so she was staying there just as long. I was so nervous for him and knew I wouldn't even have a kitty to cuddle with while I waited. I told them I would miss them, and got teary eyed. The vet tech girl was understanding and said "I know its hard, especially since its both of them." *takes a deep breath* Glad it's over now.

PS, I'm never taking them to the vet at the same time again if it can be avoided. I have twice now, and Summer takes it all out on Chevy.
post #13 of 14
I don't cry when I have to leave them, but my nerves are as tight as a piano wire the entire day, and it is hard to focus on my job because all I want to do is go RESCUE my poor baby from the vet!

I'm due to call them at 4 p.m. - just 10 minutes to go - if he's ready, I'm OUTTA HERE.
post #14 of 14
That's good news that he doesn't need an exploratory. I hope they find out what's going on though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does it ever get easier?