Ok I'm done with all this wildlife!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still being a NYer at heart, man I am having trouble adjusting to all this FL wildlife. You'd think after three years I'd be used to it, but no.

The wasps are the size of my head.
I've seen more snakes than I ever cared to.

And so help me I just went to bring the garbage pail up from the road and it got left there.. why? Big stinkin' black widow made herself a nest on it. And she's not the first! This seems to happen constantly with that garbage pail.

And of course... although I am thoroughly traumatized... I told DH (a FL native) that there was a huge black widow on the pail and he said "...so?" So! Ok, then you get the pail!

Oh man... I would so take a NYC subway rat over this any day!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol that sounds like the wife when she comes here. According to her i live in a jungle. you will get used to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
**UPDATE**

DH came in to kiss me goodbye just seconds after I posted that so it was still on my screen and he read it. Apparently I bruised his ego a bit so he said "Ok fine, show me the spider. I want to see what you think is a black widow"

So I brought him outside, pointed to it, he said yes it was a BW.... and then karate kicked the garbage pail and stomped the thing to death. He then (cautiously in case there were more) brought the pail up.

Betcha he feels all manly now

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol that sounds like the wife when she comes here. According to her i live in a jungle. you will get used to it.
I don't want to get used to it.. I want to move! But unfortunately DH spent one week on LI for work and after he saw what traffic really is, he swore he'd never do that again.... ever

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stories like yours make be glad for Wisconsin winters to kill att the insects and have some of the others hibernate!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man - I am glad I live in Toronto - we don't get that type of bug and snake problem here!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would either of you take me in? We can leave DH here to deal with all the snakes and things

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Stories like yours make be glad for Wisconsin winters to kill att the insects and have some of the others hibernate!!
MN too!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about moving to Upstate NY! That's where I hail from orriginally and I loved it there! Plus your really not too far from the City if you want to go there! DH and I would actually have seriously concidered going back to where I'm from if thier economy wasn't in a slump and if I wasn't so petrified of driving in the snow....that is a problem that would have to be overcome!!
Oh but to eat the food! Oh I miss the food! DH just wants to go because it's not flat there!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im still in Western Ny, but grew up in Central Ny. man i LOVE it here!!!! Traffic yes in bigger cities ( rochesters, syracuse,etc) but mostly nice and quiet

we get some snakes but not really and the bugs are MOSTLY harmless.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im moving to FL in July, im aware of all the wildlife
thats why I love it, I love seeing random snakes and lizards...things I dont normally see in Ohio, it makes me feel like im truely in a different place. I once got a mosquito bite that looked like a zit and filled with pus and didnt go away for weeks, HAHA.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nah he won't do ny... it's a snow thing...

the most north i've been able to talk him into is VA

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I won't complain about the giant barn spider that made a web on my desk at work overnight. Which had me in a tizzy first thing. Black widow? That would freak me out so bad.
I don't think I'm moving to Florida anytime soon with those descriptions of bugs!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cant they just make a bugless, snakeless, annoying animalless state that doesnt have snow, mudslides, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes..Anything else I forgot for those of us who dont like those things. After experiancing all of these things Im in the worst place...Pa..WITH SNOW!!! Grrrrr Id take a hurricane or tornadoe over snow anyday of the week!!!! But Im all for the bugless and snakeless areas!! Im to much of a girly girl to handle that stuff.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

im still in Western Ny, but grew up in Central Ny. man i LOVE it here!!!! Traffic yes in bigger cities ( rochesters, syracuse,etc) but mostly nice and quiet

we get some snakes but not really and the bugs are MOSTLY harmless.
Where in Central NY did you grow up? I lived in Utica and Rome before moving here in Junior High. My parents and most of my Grandparent's were born in either Utica or Herkimer.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry.... I know I shouldn't laugh, but the description was funny

I hope you don't have a job with the Tourism Department of Florida!

Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Still being a NYer at heart, man I am having trouble adjusting to all this FL wildlife. You'd think after three years I'd be used to it, but no.

The wasps are the size of my head.
I've seen more snakes than I ever cared to.

And so help me I just went to bring the garbage pail up from the road and it got left there.. why? Big stinkin' black widow made herself a nest on it. And she's not the first! This seems to happen constantly with that garbage pail.

And of course... although I am thoroughly traumatized... I told DH (a FL native) that there was a huge black widow on the pail and he said "...so?" So! Ok, then you get the pail!

Oh man... I would so take a NYC subway rat over this any day!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

Cant they just make a bugless, snakeless, annoying animalless state that doesnt have snow, mudslides, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes..Anything else I forgot for those of us who dont like those things.
SIGN ME UP!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Sorry.... I know I shouldn't laugh, but the description was funny

I hope you don't have a job with the Tourism Department of Florida!
Oh come on.. they'd totally hire me. "See world's largest wasp and get your toes chewed to bits by fire ants! Only in Florida, folks. We've got it ALL!"

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Where in Central NY did you grow up? I lived in Utica and Rome before moving here in Junior High. My parents and most of my Grandparent's were born in either Utica or Herkimer.
i grew up in Oswego. DIRT racing and bar hopping,lol. I now live closer to rochester, in Canandaigua. I love this area, but i think i would be happier in North Carolina,lol ( closer to NASCAR)

Oswego and buffalo are about the snow capitols,lol. Oswego we would get over 400+ inches a year, and not think twice. this winter they got about 110 inches in 5 days, and it was nothing!! i was driving to my moms house going, this is easy!! most ppl HATE drivin in the snow, but i dont, i love it!!!

True scared is when you are driving in a snow storm, not sure if your on the road or not, with only fog lights on cause regular headlights are to bright, and with the door open to check to see if your on pavement or grass