Does death comes in threes?

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you believe in the "death comes in threes" wives tale?

My mother always said it when someone close would die that "death comes in threes"

I just had two people that I knew really well pass away. Both were very young (36 and 42) and I was just wondering if anybody else believes in the tale?

I just worry who is next. I hope it is not me

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

Do you believe in the "death comes in threes" wives tale?

My mother always said it when someone close would die that "death comes in threes"

I just had two people that I knew really well pass away. Both were very young (36 and 42) and I was just wondering if anybody else believes in the tale?

I just worry who is next. I hope it is not me
I never heard the "three deaths". But I have heard that, when someone you love dies, someone else you know/love will have a baby.
OR things like death, birth, marriage, happen in threes....
Meaning, someone will get married, die, and give birth, not in that order, but something like that.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom says that all the time... I don't know if it's true or not, but I have noticed it a lot with celebrity deaths.

Probably just a coincidence...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, does it have to be within the year? We lost Klingon (who we thought to be a siamese x with cream & orange tabby coat) in 2002, grandpa in 2003, my godfather in 2005, Tristans grandmother xmas eve 2005 and jazzy (the most beautiful calico on this earth) 6 weeks ago

My other grandfather has been sick for ages and every year he holds on. But i think it might come in fives or sixes

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed this with famous people. My sister will sometimes say to me "_____ and _______ died, who's the third?"

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up hearing that from my Mom, too. Noticed it with celebrities and our neighbors. (People seem to like this neighborhood and only leave when they die. )

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well... last year my cousin got married in June, passed away in September... and then an uncle passed away, and my ex boyfriend just had a baby last month.. so the baby marriage and death did come in threes... but *shrug*

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know about death specifically, but I know bad things in general come in 3s. I hope its not you either Tina!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Dec. 2003, my grandfather died, Oct. 2004 my cousin died, and June 2005 my sister in law died. *shrug* If they dont' all have to be in the same year, I think it could be true...dundunDUUUUUNNNNN!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Death comes when it comes. If it comes in threes, who is to say how long the time frame is? 3 deaths in a month, a year? I don't really believe in that myth.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont know if death comes in threes but it surely did the first yr I moved in with David. The weekend of the fourth (of July) I went to a bbq found out that two of my closest friends were killed in a car accident. The day after a friend was hit by a train behind her house, and later that night a friend killed herself. Its so weird because we can go months without any funerals for anyone but then like 3 mths later it will be 4 or 5 funerals in a row. Its gotten to the point where if you leave a bar to go home and dont have a DD if someone says call me when you get home you better or later that night your gonna have some people stopping by to make sure your home.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I don't know about death specifically, but I know bad things in general come in 3s. I hope its not you either Tina!!
I have heard that before....

Over a year ago, my dog Max died, a week later my sister's cat died and then another week later, my dad was put in the hospital for chest pains

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to believe in it but it has been true in my case. When my brother died many years ago within the 2 years before that 2 of my great grandpa's died. Now I would not count that as 3 for me (because I did not really know the great grandfathers) but it would count as 3 for my mother as it was her son and both of her grandfathers.

Then my stepdad died 5 years later following my real father a year after my stepdad, and then my grandfather another year later after my real father.

I am feeling a little freaked because I lost a cat this year and I am afraid 2 more will follow. This week one of my cats is sick with leg infection that is not healing and she was diagnosed with asthma. I also have a 12 year old cat and one that is obese. I really hope it will not be the case.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have heard death comes in 3s also. in 2003 i had a miscarriage in the july, my daughters rabbit of 6 years died in the augest and my nan died in the september.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come to think of it, I do believe death comes in 3's! First was my dads mom(2000) then my dad in 2004 and then his brother in 2005!! YIKES!!!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe deaths come in 3s. I've never heard of that (deaths specifically - I have heard of the saying bad things come in 3s) and I've never experienced it. Whenever anyone close to me has died it's never come in 3s. I think if you look hard enough you'll always find another 2 deaths to justify the saying, especially if you consider several years apart to fit the saying - just wait until there have been 3 deaths - bound to happen eventually. So nope - I don't believe it at all.