Now we are six?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got home from a quick urgent UK trip (my father is ill but that is another story) yesterday morning. As I got out of the car, I heard a miouw. Odd, as all my cats were in boarding, due to be picked up in the afternoon. Anyway, this brown and white cat leapt out at me, miouwing fit to bust and wrapped himself around my feet. It was if he was saying, where have you been? I've been waiting AGES. He is dreadfully thin, but so friendly. Anyway, I opened the door, thinking I would get him some food, and he followed me right inside, into the kitchen, and scoffed a sachet in a blink. While he was eating, he would stop and come and headbutt me, then go back to the bowl, like he was trying to thank me. Afterwards, he jumped on the sofa and curled up asleep, and when I went to sit beside him he put his head and paws on my lap, totally at home. He slept for four hours, completely exhausted, then ate another bowl of food. When I brought my lot home later, I put him in the gite and shut the door, and when I went in to see him in the evening, this time he jumped straight on my lap. He is covered with ticks and fleas, some of which I have managed to remove, and I have Frontlined him and given him a Drontal all purpose wormer. I am taking him to the vet today for a check and to see if he is chipped, as he is obviously a family cat, an absolute lover. I doubt it though, as he is not fixed, and one tends to go with the other. So I may have a sixth cat, if the introductions go OK. The others know he is there, of course, and are all sitting on the other side of the door. He is crying and wants company - he is ignoring the toys I have given him. His paws are sore and his fur, though soft, is staring, so goodness knows how long he has been living rough.

Here he is, a handsome boy, totally at home on my sofa:

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful boy.
He sounds like a real sweetie too. I'm glad he ended up with you.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, he is beautiful

Let us know what the vet says. And let us know too if you keep him.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my word Jenny!. He's really made you and your home his as well hasn't he!

The poor little pumpkin looks shattered.

The siggy makers here will be loving another challenge by adding this gorgeous boy on

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing. You think he talked to the ponies and they recommended you as a meowmy?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the unexpected addition. Sounds like he found the right place!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got back from the vet, and he has a preliminary clean bill of health, but no microchip, as I suspected. They got the rest of the ticks off him too. The vet could not get blood from him today - he was too thin to do it without pain, so he will be neutered, vaccinated, chipped and FIV/FELV tested on Monday. I will go to the Mairie tomorrow when they are open and see if anyone has reported a lost cat, but if not he will be joining us. He has already seen Ellie from the carrier and they just looked at each other, so let's hope it all goes well.
And get this - he LOVED being in the carrier - just walked in and sat up looking out all the way to the vet, no crying or anything. This cat is too good to be true.
I need a name - according to the French system if he was born last year he should begin with 'B'. Any ideas?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a handsome little man, and he does look so thin
hope everything works out and you have a new addition!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could you say no to a kitty that's been waiting for you all of his life?

As for names, I'm not the best at it, so I'll let that be.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh he is precious! I hope you are able to keep him! It just seems like it's meant to be! I have tears in my eyes!

As for names, I'm not very good at picking. Do you want the name to be something specific like a French name starting with a B or anything?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't see the picture here at work, but he sounds like a "Beau". I can hardly wait to see the pic when I get home.

Somebody sent this baby to you that's for sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The name doesn't have to be French - though I guess that would be better so people here can say it easily!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he was meant to be yours - he sounds like a little sweetie.

I like the name Bastien.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Poor thing. You think he talked to the ponies and they recommended you as a meowmy?
Sounds like a possibilty! He's gorgeous Jenny!