Sad story in Boston

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today in the newspaper there was an article about a string of animal abuse incidents that happened in East Boston. It broke my heart. One involved a cat that was wrapped in a towel and set on fire, which obviously killed it. The other involved a cat that someone had wrapped a rubberband around its paw, cutting off its circulation. This cat survived, but it might have to have its leg amputated. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it! I'm so outraged over it. I hope the culprit is caught and goes to jail.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that these people will be found and set on fire, and have a rubber band placed around their feet!!!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend told me that Monday he saw a guy driving down the highway with something bouncing along beside the truck. Yeap, what was left of his dog! That wasn't intentional but still makes me mad that people would risk their pet like that.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

I hope that these people will be found and set on fire, and have a rubber band placed around their feet!!!
I'm with you on that! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a kitty in our rescue who came in with 1st 2nd and 3rd degree burns all over his body from battery acid or something similar.

He is ok now, but he was a mess

dvldg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just an update:

The guy that set the cat on fire was arrested and charged.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DvlDg

Just an update:

The guy that set the cat on fire was arrested and charged.
GOOD! I hope he gets a fair sentence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully he'll get locked away. I wonder what the max sentence is for something like that. I think crimes against pets are just considered property crimes in Massachusetts. I'm not sure.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnickersMom

Hopefully he'll get locked away. I wonder what the max sentence is for something like that. I think crimes against pets are just considered property crimes in Massachusetts. I'm not sure.
Probably a fine or something like that, they better be glad that i am not a judge.