beautiful litter box

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A while back I posted asking if anyone had used the hidden litter box that looks like a potted plant (It's in all the skymall catalogs on airplanes). Well, I finally got it, and it looks fantastic! (Also, it's cheaper if you get it online directly from the manufacturer rather than through the skymall catalog).

I was worried that it would be too small and hard to clean. But it's just as big if not bigger than a large rectangular litter box, so that is definitely not a worry now. Snickers is staying with my boyfriend for the summer, so she hasn't tried it out yet, but it looks like it'll be really easy to clean. There's a pan that fits inside the pot, so you can still use litter liners if you want without ruining the "look" of a potted plant. There's a charcoal filter at the top that's covered with deoderizing fake moss. So I don't think the smell will be any worse than a regular litter box.

I'm so excited about this find, so I just wanted to share in case any one else was looking for a hidden litter box and was uncertain whether it was worth the money. I hope Snickers likes it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's the right web site. I got the Tuscany model since it's the largest, and Snickers is a big girl. With the extra litter pan, it was like $100. Without the litter pan, I think it's $70.

To me, that seemed really expensive for a litter box. But I guess it's less than those electronic litter boxes. So that's how I justify it to myself!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnickersMom

Yep, that's the right web site. I got the Tuscany model since it's the largest, and Snickers is a big girl. With the extra litter pan, it was like $100. Without the litter pan, I think it's $70.

To me, that seemed really expensive for a litter box. But I guess it's less than those electronic litter boxes. So that's how I justify it to myself!
I followed the link & clicked on one at random -- Whoa!
I clicked the super deluxe handmade to order, personalize-able model -- yikes! It was $629!!
Then I saw the Tuscany model is on sale for $69, $98 w/ litter pan -- that's more reasonable
. Totally shocked at first by the $629!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's so funny! I never even saw the $629 one. That would have scared me off too! Yeah, and I thought $98 was expensive for a litter box! Sheesh! I guess I lucked out with the sale!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnickersMom

That's so funny! I never even saw the $629 one. That would have scared me off too! Yeah, and I thought $98 was expensive for a litter box! Sheesh! I guess I lucked out with the sale!
When we get a bigger place (if that ever happens
), I'm thinking of getting one of those as a kitty bed instead of a litter box! I can totally see Munchie snuggled up inside, esp. if we put a cozy cat cushion in there
!