getting married

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in 3 weeks and 2 days and god i cant wait , yet im having nightmares that nothing is ready in time etc.. and its getting me down a bit. so come on girls/lads i really need to hear how you all felt comming up to your wedding day

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well mine hasn't happened yet, and it's not for another year...but I'm already feeling quite anxious about it!!!

I'm just scared that I'm going to wind up doing everything by myself and that we won't be able to afford everything we need for the wedding (rather than what we want). This is mainly due to the fact that the company that Fiance works for is talking lay offs (again) and I'm scared that he may be without another job for a long, long time.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`ve never been married so I can only imagine how much there is to organise and panic over!
Hope you`ve got lots of helpers. How exciting!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had just started a new job a few weeks before my wedding so I was more concerned about that then the wedding - I was well organized and realized that nothing I could do last minute would make much of a difference. It was a great day (well, except for the torrential downpour)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not so much lots of helpers , more like people saying what you should get and what you shouldnt get
. my mate said she would make the cake yet she has never made one in her life , but shes me best mate , and i havnt been able to get in contact with her for a few weeks and getting worried as her husband said his mate was letting him take his car to take me to the wedding. my husband to be hasnt got his suit yet he said he will get it the day before the wedding which is friday the 13!!!!!! what a day eh?? im still waiting on the flowers to come that i ordered were going with silk ones. half the invitations havnt been sent out yet, and argggggggggg. lol

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

not so much lots of helpers , more like people saying what you should get and what you shouldnt get
. my mate said she would make the cake yet she has never made one in her life , but shes me best mate , and i havnt been able to get in contact with her for a few weeks and getting worried as her husband said his mate was letting him take his car to take me to the wedding. my husband to be hasnt got his suit yet he said he will get it the day before the wedding which is friday the 13!!!!!! what a day eh?? im still waiting on the flowers to come that i ordered were going with silk ones. half the invitations havnt been sent out yet, and argggggggggg. lol
OK - sounds like you need to take a breath and try to relax!!!! Maybe a massage? Spa day? You should definately try to do something to take your mind off the wedding for a few hours!

Good luck.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Where is she?! Maybe there is someone a bit more experienced with cake baking who could step in if need be?
I`m sure the flowers will come on time if you ordered them. I`d ring them and see whats occuring.
It all sounds very stressful!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just rang her tonight , and shes back to working nights , so that explains it, her husband said i should be able to catch her tomorrow at about 6pm. and he said the car is still a yes thank god. the flowers are from an ebay shop i have left emails next it will be threatening to get in contact with ebay to put some sort of block on if i dont get a reply soon. and i can not afford a spa day lol. but thanx all xxxx

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I planned mine in 1 month but found that concentrating on one task at a time, like reception favors, helped keep me from losing my sanity. Have fun with the planning and always have a backup number that you can call. If you ever need any cost alternative ideas, feel free to e-mail me!
I had a lot of that for my wedding and it turned out great!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was DH and I's 2nd marriage, so we were well prepared - no problems

Best of luck that everything goes smoothly for you two. BTW where's the honeymoon?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Please forgive me for being stupid, but what is a mate?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes mate= friend.

not having a honeymoon cant afford it lol , maybe in a few years or even next year. but with the 3 children and finding someone to look after all my furbabys isnt going to be easy.
but we are taking the kids out on the monday after to the beach and fair etc.. was their choice.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

in 3 weeks and 2 days and god i cant wait , yet im having nightmares that nothing is ready in time etc.. and its getting me down a bit. so come on girls/lads i really need to hear how you all felt comming up to your wedding day
I was SO excited! A bit worried about it all coming together and going 100% perfectly, but more so more excited than anything. Don't get down, make a list and write out the things that need to be done and do a timeline for yourself for all those last minute details. Take a break, take a walk, clear your mind before making a list. All will fall into place and everything will be just fine. Congrats!!!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, CONGRATULATIONS!! Try not to stress. Won't help anything. And don't forget your veil! I forgot my veil. I didn't stay at home the night before, and woke up at 7:00 in the morning in panic. Had to send my DH a text message (we weren't talking or seeing each other before the wedding). He brought it and gave it to my mom, but I was still pretty freaked out!!

How can you forget your veil?.... Then I forgot to put it over my face. OH WELL. My brain just wasn't working properly that day!!

andreamer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I got married a year ago.. we planned it all in 2 months. It was pretty stressful, but the lists really help! Try to do one thing at a time. Just remember, if something goes wrong, it's something to laugh about later. Somehow all of our invitations had the wrong return envelope in them (so my grandma's return RSVP envelope had my cousin's name on it) so we weren't sure who was coming or not! That was about the only mishap, and it's funny to think about now! The wedding was absolutely perfect. I hope yours is too!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got married three years ago and it was crazy stressful. Ask some of the people here. I bet they remember. In fact I think there was a post about it somewhere.

Now that I look back on it, I wonder why I was stressing. I had a fantastic friend who did all my flowers, my veil, let me have my wedding in her yard, and helped me decorate the reception hall.
Dh helped me get someone to make the cake, we had the reception hall make all the food, I had endless lists, and man I thought it was terrible at the time, but it was all perfect. And honestly, like everyone, says, if anything goes wrong, it's just something to laugh at later.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone. i have all the lists and ticking of as i go along. im doing all the food the night before, the wedding is at 10.40 am so gonna be a long day. we started booking everything 5 months ago but feels like only last week. the hair dressers will not open before 9 am unless i have 7 or more people wanting their hair done which i havnt. so im doing all the hairs myself. and if i forget my veil i will cry lol, but im staying at home that night so i should be ok i hope. you will all get bored with me going on about this come the last week of the wedding lol.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

thanks everyone. i have all the lists and ticking of as i go along. im doing all the food the night before, the wedding is at 10.40 am so gonna be a long day. we started booking everything 5 months ago but feels like only last week. the hair dressers will not open before 9 am unless i have 7 or more people wanting their hair done which i havnt. so im doing all the hairs myself. and if i forget my veil i will cry lol, but im staying at home that night so i should be ok i hope. you will all get bored with me going on about this come the last week of the wedding lol.
LOL, no one is going to get bored with you. I am excited for you because I remember how excited I was for my big day. I am sure those who have gone through it on here, are excited for you as well. There are a few things I wish I could have changed, but I'll just be sure we get them right when we renew our vows. Congratulations again, and good luck!! It will be beautiful!!

Oh, and my best friend did my hair. We all wore our hair how was comfortable for us. Well, mine had a whole bottle of hairspray in it I'm sure. Took me 3 days to get it all out!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

LOL, no one is going to get bored with you. I am excited for you because I remember how excited I was for my big day. I am sure those who have gone through it on here, are excited for you as well.
Yes!! I am in wedding withdrawal! Congrats! I got married 1 1/2 yrs ago, then I helped my cousin with her's last summer....then nothing.

First, everything will be perfect. Keep repeating that to yourself. It will be perfect because you are marrying the man you love.

And, wedding dreams are normal. I had them constantly the last few weeks before my wedding. Actually, I still have then now and then and when I wake up I have to remind myself that it's over, I'm already married! The worst two that I remember...first, I was at the church and had my maid of honor go pick up my wedding dress from the seamstress (why I didn't get it before, don't ask me). She brought back the flower girl's dress and said this was the dress I picked out. I looked at this kid's size 6 dress and paniced. The other one, I did have the right dress on, but I was in the choir loft and couldn't find the steps to get down to the church! The organ player couldn't see me for some reason, and the wedding was going on without me! Yeah, I was a little stressed.

Making all the food the night before puts added stress on you. Do you have a lot of help? I don't know how many people you're expecting but even for a small wedding that means a lot of work. Sounds like a good time to call in the bridal party, friends, neighbors. Is there any way you can make some of it ahead of time and freeze it?

Bottom line, weddings are stressful, you can't escape that. Just breathe and remember what the day really means. If you need any help or need to vent just pm me. Good luck!