Fears....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.....do you have any major ones. I know everyone is afraid of something. For example - I am claustrophobic, but I can deal with it, it doesn't overwelm me. Do you have a big fear, one that wakes you up shaking?

I have 2:
1) Something bad happens to my kids and there is nothing I can do about it or to prevent it.

2) and this is my big one. I am terrified of dying - not death in general, but my death specifically. I am good at dealing with other people's death - people actually find me strong and comforting in their time of mourning. But to even think about my death sends chills and nightmares through me. I mean I do believe in heaven, hell and pergatory. But I like where I am. What if I don't like where I end up? Is it going to hurt? Will I cease to exist - snuffed out as it were? What if they make a mistake and I'm not really dead and I get buried (I have this as a recurring nightmare)? There is so much about the idea of my death that just terrifies me that I have recurring nightmares that I wake up shaking from.

What are your fears (she asks as she tries to control her quaking from reliving her biggest fear).

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zombie movies, and Alien invasion (movies/scenarios) freak me out pretty bad. I end up with nightmares.

A really big one for me is Bears. When I was a kid, we were at my families cabin (which was not like the fancy cabins/lakehouses, it was a shack in the woods) a bear was trying to break in. I still remember my parents telling me to be quiet. And I tried to be so quiet.
That really freaked me out. I won't camp in areas with bears because of it.

Also, Fires and Tornadoes terrify me. I am a wreck during bad storms.

My cats getting out. That one terrifies me. We live in a busy area with lots of car traffic, bordering on woods with lots of birds of prey.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

2) and this is my big one. I am terrified of dying - not death in general, but my death specifically. I am good at dealing with other people's death - people actually find me strong and comforting in their time of mourning. But to even think about my death sends chills and nightmares through me. I mean I do believe in heaven, hell and pergatory. But I like where I am. What if I don't like where I end up? Is it going to hurt? Will I cease to exist - snuffed out as it were? What if they make a mistake and I'm not really dead and I get buried (I have this as a recurring nightmare)? There is so much about the idea of my death that just terrifies me that I have recurring nightmares that I wake up shaking from.
Thats my EXACT fear too

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to be really shy when I was younger so was very afraid of new people and situations. However I found as I got older a lot of that went away and now I am find with other people.
Same goes with the fear of death, it use to bother me a lot when I was in my twenties but as I got older it began to bother me less.
I think that is the the way it works with the things that really scare you they become less scary the older you get....at least that is what I found in my case.
I should be ready to take on the world by the time I am ninety.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats my EXACT fear too
It is such a horrible fear, because you can't avoid it and you usually don't know when it will happen. I was up all night last night with these thoughts going through my head.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is such a horrible fear, because you can't avoid it and you usually don't know when it will happen. I was up all night last night with these thoughts going through my head.
I do that same thing often

I'm also terrified of flying. Mostly due to the fear of death part. I'm not bothered by heights or any of that.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always thought I was scared of snakes, recently I have discovered that it is beyond that, its a full blown phobia

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

and this is my big one. I am terrified of dying - not death in general, but my death specifically. I am good at dealing with other people's death - people actually find me strong and comforting in their time of mourning. But to even think about my death sends chills and nightmares through me. I mean I do believe in heaven, hell and pergatory. But I like where I am. What if I don't like where I end up? Is it going to hurt? Will I cease to exist - snuffed out as it were? What if they make a mistake and I'm not really dead and I get buried (I have this as a recurring nightmare)? There is so much about the idea of my death that just terrifies me that I have recurring nightmares that I wake up shaking from.
Wow! Me THREE!!! Scary stuff!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that I've answered this question in another thread, but: My biggest phobias are bees and dentists.

I become a quivering, terrified mess when confronted by either.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fire, fire, and fire. Its awful I will actually get out of bed a lot of night to go make sure the stove is off even though i know I didnt use it that day. I wont leave anything on over night not even a fan. I have a fire alarm in about every room in the house and even then I still worry I wont wake up. Before I go to bed ill check everything and even then I still sometimes will still get out of bed cause ill recheck.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. Going down escalators. I'm afraid I'm going to fall. When I was in high school 25 years ago it was actually fear of going up escalators!

2. Losing one of my cats suddenly. Bob has asthma and every time he has even a small attack I start worrying.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let me see...Snakes do not bother me, heights do not bother me. Death, fire etc I have the typical not wanting that; I guess for me it would be big, hairy spiders, as in tarantulas. Even though i will probably never see one in real life, just pictures of them creep me out.
In some of the horror movies when they do that creepy effect to the eyes, I'm not afraid of that but it gives me the heebeejeebee's.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok now that I look at my post with my fear when do you know you need help? lol

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

ok now that I look at my post with my fear when do you know you need help? lol

I am ashamed to say what I have had done to my yard after there being a snake in it because I know, it would warrant medical attention

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im afraid of rollercoasters, spiders, public speaking, and the vastness of space (Its scary thinking about being in outer space).

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I have that one also.

I am also afraid of needles.. in turn I am afraid of doctors because going there usually means blood testing. I have become to where I can force myself to sit still when it happens, but they literally have to have two nurses, one holding my arm steady because I shake so much and the other nervously putting it into my veins.. which roll by the way so it normally takes 3 times to get it right.

I am scared of spiders.. and snakes I guess, though I forget about snakes because I just don't ever see any.

I'm not scared, but I've always been paranoid that somehow I'm going to hurt my eyes somehow.. like get something in them, get them poked out, etc.