TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A question on making smilies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A question on making smilies

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
I have a question about making smilies using your computer keys.

I know you can make some like when you are on instant messaging or stuff like that, but I don't know how. I don't know what keys you use to making certain ones.

Does anyone here know what I am trying to say?

I would appreciate it very much if someone here can help me.
post #2 of 29
: and ; normal eyes and wink combine with ->
P tongue
D grin
) smile
* kiss


errrm i can't remember all of them. haven't used chat in a couple of years.
post #3 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
: and ; normal eyes and wink combine with ->
P tongue
D grin
) smile
* kiss


errrm i can't remember all of them. haven't used chat in a couple of years.

I am computer challenged so I need specific details. Neet can tell you how challenged I am.
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
I am computer challenged so I need specific details. Neet can tell you how challenged I am.
Lol, it's ok. I'd put them together on here but they might turn into little smilies and then you won't be able to see.

When you are typing like this and you are saying something funny press : and D

When you are being cheeky press ; and P or ; and )

when you are sad press : and (

you can experiment with all the little buttons and see what kind of faces you can make
post #5 of 29
Thread Starter 
That helps me some
post #6 of 29
I dont know about "typing smilies" either Belinda.

Testing ...........

:P
post #7 of 29
ok one of them worked above. Belinda I think its easier to just click on the list its taking me forever to find 'exact" keys to push (<~~~ thats a smiley from the list)

;P ..........
post #8 of 29
I love smilies! What you can do is go over to the right of your screen when writing a reply to someone (here on TCS).... and where it shows all the smilies.... you can click [More] and look at all the smilies there! It also shows you in there what you have to type to get those smilies!
post #9 of 29
= : D

= : )

= : (

= : love :

= : kiss :

= : barf :

= : lol :

= : lol3 :

= : hugs :

= : lovegrin :

Just dont put the spaces where I have them shown; and you'll get those smileys- I have a lot of them memorized
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
= : D

= : )

= : (

= : love :

= : kiss :

= : barf :

= : lol :

= : lol3 :

= : hugs :

= : lovegrin :

Just dont put the spaces where I have them shown; and you'll get those smileys- I have a lot of them memorized

I think this is what I needed, thanks Mackenzie
post #11 of 29
Great list Kenzie!

Testing ......

post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
I think this is what I needed, thanks Mackenzie
Your welcome! I was hoping that would help! : bigthumb :

Here are some more...

= : crazy :

= : heart2 :

= : heart3 :

= : hmm :

= : jump :

= : nausea :

= : bigthumb :

= : paranoid :

= : wavey :

= : confused :
post #13 of 29
Great list, Thanks!
post #14 of 29
Thread Starter 
So if I understand this, you can make any smilie by typing the colon thing and the word and then the colon thing again?
post #15 of 29
This is my favorite one. : dk :
post #16 of 29
I just printed the list of smilies for me to look at. Sometimes it's quicker for me that way.
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
So if I understand this, you can make any smilie by typing the colon thing and the word and then the colon thing again?
If its in the smiley list- then yes
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
If its in the smiley list- then yes
Dang, I am gonna look so smart now
post #19 of 29
Bea, you are smart!!!
post #20 of 29
alot of them are exactly the word your feeling...

(just take away the one space)

: sick:

: barf:

: hyper:

: smash:

: smshfrk:

Oh, and there are ones that have several:

: music:

: music2:

: music3:

I know a ton of them by heart, and I preview before I reply in case I got one wrong...
post #21 of 29
Are you asking about "emoticons", which you can simply type? This site has lots of examples (take a look at the categories on the left): http://www.muller-godschalk.com/emoticon.html
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
Bea, you are smart!!!
Not when it comes to computers
post #23 of 29
Thread Starter 
Will our smilie list just work here? Or will in work like on pokernet.com? That is where I wanna use them.
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
I think this is what I needed, thanks Mackenzie

They won't work on chat like msn though, only on here, or other forums that have the same format.
post #25 of 29
You can also "lift" smilies from some free-smiley sites (like bestsmilies.com), keep them on your computer on a notepad, and place them into your text wherever you are. For example, I've been hoarding these for awhile, just looking for a chance to use them...























post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
You can also "lift" smilies from some free-smiley sites (like bestsmilies.com), keep them on your computer on a notepad, and place them into your text wherever you are. For example, I've been hoarding these for awhile, just looking for a chance to use them...
























Well I don't know how to do that, I can barely turn the computer on and off, Neet can tell you that, she is always helping me out.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
I just printed the list of smilies for me to look at. Sometimes it's quicker for me that way.
I did that too. Man, I was thinking that I was getting smart there!!
post #28 of 29
They will only work here... but they should have their own also.

There is also the usual ones (take out spaces)

; ) for
: D for
: ) for
: ( for

just think how your face would work in letters
post #29 of 29
When I click on "more" when replying under the smilies it lists the smilies and then their code right next to them. Does that not normally look that way?I've found myself memorizing some too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A question on making smilies