The Australian Thread

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Talking to fwan about a shop we both use made me feel all warm and fuzzy, as the majority of the people here are in the US and UK. So i'm inviting all the Australians (here and abroad) to do this survey!! (as you know i'm not hugely patriotic, but i felt fuzzy!!!)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...60932405418551

I got You are 95% True Blue!
You are the bee's knees. You're home and hosed. A true blue mate, and truely deserving of being crowned an honorary Aussie.
Join me out back for a barbie and a few tinnies.

(do we really throw shrimp on the bbq? lol)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took the test - 60% True Blue - and I was born/raised in the US. Never been to Australia (yet), but know a lot of Aussie friends now. I took it for fun to see how well I would do.

Probably really screwed up on the actor stuff cause I was not sure. Wish they would have posted the real answers so I could see how I did and where I messed up.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an Aussie here but I watch a lot of Wiggles.

You are 70% True Blue!

How much can a koala bear? Strewth. Krikey you're doing well.
Go make a Vegemite sandwich, put on your trackie dacks, and spin a few yarns with your mates.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo I got 20/20!! But that somehow only made me 95% True Blue

You are the bee's knees. You're home and hosed. A true blue mate, and truely deserving of being crowned an honorary Aussie.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took it for fun too,

You are 55% True Blue!

So you've probably seen Crocodile Dundee, but it was a long time ago. Better go turn on the telly, grab a cuppa, and watch it again.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the real one

Your Score: Waltzing Matilda
You are 70% True Blue!

How much can a koala bear? Strewth. Krikey you're doing well.
Go make a Vegemite sandwich, put on your trackie dacks, and spin a few yarns with your mates.

Be sure to check out the Aussie Slang Dictionary

Please be sure to rate this test!
My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

free online dating\tfree online dating
\tYou scored higher than 99% on True Blueness

Not bad for a American

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an Aussie, and haven't taken the quiz (I'm kind of afraid of the result...hehe) but I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to travel to Australia. It's one of my top travel "wants"!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharky,

That's what my extra stuff read at 60% and you got 70% - but I was the Waltzing Matilda too - and told me to check out the slang dictionary

Wonder how that happened unless the "score" for that is 60-70%

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Woohoo I got 20/20!! But that somehow only made me 95% True Blue

That tricked me too..it just says you have ANSWERED 20/20..not that that is your final score...weird I know..it did that to me too.

I am 65% true blue
And 100% Canadian

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That tricked me too..it just says you have ANSWERED 20/20..not that that is your final score...weird I know..it did that to me too.

I am 65% true blue
And 100% Canadian
Ahhhh!!!! I just did it again, and checked the snake one which I wasn't sure about - I didn't think Taipans were native to Australia, but apparently they are
Once I chose that I became 100% True Blue :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

90% True Blue!

And we definately don't throw shrimp on the barbie! Here we call em prawns!
Id rather throw a steak or lamb chop on the barbie *drools*

I hope when any of you guys visit here you will know we don't ALL eat vegimite or say gday or wear thongs (flipflops) or ride kangaroos to work or have koalas in our backyard or wear singlets and cork hats or love dame edna....*breathes again*

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

90% True Blue!

And we definately don't throw shrimp on the barbie! Here we call em prawns!
Actually according to the quiz we do - watching grass grow is the thing we don't do

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Id rather throw a steak or lamb chop on the barbie *drools*

I hope when any of you guys visit here you will know we don't ALL eat vegimite or say gday or wear thongs (flipflops) or ride kangaroos to work or have koalas in our backyard or wear singlets and cork hats or love dame edna....*breathes again*
Actually we used to have Vegemite on toast every morning, but over here we only don't have it much because the bread isn't anywhere near as nice!

And we also wear thongs (but prefer our Crocs), DH says g'day, and we used to have kangaroos everywhere in Canberra - including literally in our backyard once...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Actually according to the quiz we do - watching grass grow is the thing we don't do

Actually we used to have Vegemite on toast every morning, but over here we only don't have it much because the bread isn't anywhere near as nice!

And we also wear thongs (but prefer our Crocs), DH says g'day, and we used to have kangaroos everywhere in Canberra - including literally in our backyard once...
I just meant not everyone lol, just because from some people i used to talk to assumed that of every Australian (i eat vegimite every once in a while, and i like wearing havianias because they are really comfy, i got mock crocs from kmart for about $8 lol, they're purple!) Tristans out in the country so he has the kangaroos in his yard. Omg joeys are soo cute! And i almost got attacked by a male the other week lol. I was in Cleos enclosure (which doesnt have a roof as she cant see and doesnt climb the wire) and i saw it coming up between the cubby and bottom of the garden....i kept still..and it stood up and stared at me! It was at that point i tried grabbing Cleo and she almost tore me to shreds taking her inside the house (she doesn't like being picked up out there as she loves spending as much time as possible in the dirt)

Needless to say i almost had a heart attack!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I love my vegemite and when I brought it with me to the US, it didn't taste as good BUT there is one brand of bread that I loved that tasted great with vegemite. Darn, I can't remember which one, but it was one of those health food breads. It was quite brown but not as dark as rye bread.

I JUST had to ask how they made vegemite from yeast in my bacteriology class - learned that the yeast is a by-product from the beer-making industry. Explains a lot!