Cranky Daphne (pic heavy)

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is Daphne explaining to me how uncomfortable the e-collar is:

Here she crawled back into the carrier. Think she was telling me to take her back to the place that put it on to take it off

Showing off her pretty colors

Just looking pretty

One more week and the silly collar comes off!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

glad you got the photos working

she is a cutie and doesn't seem to be minding the ecollar too much.
Yes, I tried the IMG tags as you suggested.

She truly despises the collar but is accepting it with grace and dignity (mostly
)

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she had a spay?

Poor baby - Does she really need it? Cause my Portia didn't wear one when she had her spay done and she left her wound alone just fine (Obviously ignore this if she has already been chewing at the site
)

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Has she had a spay?

Poor baby - Does she really need it? Cause my Portia didn't wear one when she had her spay done and she left her wound alone just fine (Obviously ignore this if she has already been chewing at the site
)
Oh yes, I have a whole paniced other thread about her chewing it
She did have a spay on Saturday. If I dare take the collar off, she is at the incision in a split second. So, she is stuck with it for 7 more days. She's learning to get along with it, though
I've never had a cat respond to the stitches like she is.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe poor daphne..she is such a cutie pie tho

I dont find it odd about the carrier too, it reminded me of Stormies spay..I had to leave the carrier out for her...and then of course bella sat on it and broke it
but we got a new one now

bruce&sheila

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Daphne is beautiful! Her coat looks so shiny! Especially considering she is wearing a collar and can't clean herself - how are you keeping her coat looking so good?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our vet gave us a new type of collar (it cost extra but saved a load of heart ache) that was a softer plastic (think baby's bib kind of thing) it may help if she doesn't like it

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bruce&Sheila

Daphne is beautiful! Her coat looks so shiny! Especially considering she is wearing a collar and can't clean herself - how are you keeping her coat looking so good?
I have been wiping her bottom area a bit since she cannot clean it herself. It isn't bad, but I know it must feel awful to her even though I cannot see anything icky.

The remainder of her coat is just the way it always is. Now that you have mentioned it, I will start wiping down the rest of her body. May feel good to her, too

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Bless her heart, she's had such a tough time, I almost feel guilty that Lucia's spay went so well...Lucia is sending her feel better soon vibes
Please don't feel guilty
I think most spays go well. She is the only one I have known to have these types of problems. Tell Lucia thank you - our girls will be perfect again in no time

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Our vet gave us a new type of collar (it cost extra but saved a load of heart ache) that was a softer plastic (think baby's bib kind of thing) it may help if she doesn't like it
The only other option they had for us was the opaque collar. The tech said even though it may be a bit softer, she may not like it because her vision would be more limited, like wearing blinders. So we stuck with this one. I'll do a search for the type you mentioned, though. Would be nice to have one on hand for "just in case". Thank you

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is still super cute. Hope she heals quickly

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry but the whole meowing at how uncomfortable that thing is on her is too funny! I remember when my sister's cat had that on her and she never said a word... she just hid under the bed for a week.