Newbie here!

poohnpglet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I came to this site by way of a recommendation from someone on a Disney board because I have found myself the new proud human-mommy of 5 cats. (A mommy and her 4 babies.)

I already have a wonderful male tabby named Pudders, but do not have any experience in the whole nursing mother/brand new babies area. So, I came and posted my whole saga (with pics!) over on the Pregnancy area.

I will probably have so many question over the next few weeks - thank goodness I found this site!!

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome! You'll find loads of information here, and, even though, I'm new, everyone has been super nice.
As far as a mother cat and her kittens, if she's doing a good job taking care of them, you won't have to do much other than enjoy them and keep the area where they are clean.
I've taken in several pregnant strays/rescues over the years, and if the mother was taking care of the babies, there were no problems. I did have to bottle-feed some, but those were few and far in between plus that was when the mother didn't produce enough milk or had too many for her to feed. I'm bottle-feeding an orphaned kitten right now. Good luck to you! Thank you for having a big heart to open your home to them.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poohnpglet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome!

This mommy is a very good mommy! She does a real good job of keeping everyone fed and clean, (I was kinda surprised as she is not very old herself!) I am going in and cleaning the litter box about 4-5 times a day. There is only one in there, so I am wondering if I should get another one.

The babies are so cute! I do not know how I will be able to let them go to another home

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site - its great here, theres always lots to do, see and learn
it can become a bit of an addiction
but dont worry you are among good friends

Glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Poohnpglet

Thanks for the welcome!

This mommy is a very good mommy! She does a real good job of keeping everyone fed and clean, (I was kinda surprised as she is not very old herself!) I am going in and cleaning the litter box about 4-5 times a day. There is only one in there, so I am wondering if I should get another one.

The babies are so cute! I do not know how I will be able to let them go to another home
Oh, that's wonderful to hear! If you're keeping it that clean, then 1 should be fine for now. Of course that depends on the age of the kittens. Two would be sufficient, but you'll find sometimes that they will all still try to go to the same one. At least that's what always seemed to happen to me.
It's not easy to let them go when they're tiny, but once they hit that super playful, into everything mode, it's a little easier, because they are definitely a handful. I enjoyed taking care of the ones we did, but by the time they were around 8wks old, I was ready to send them on their way. Now, that's not to say that I didn't always have a favorite that was hard to let go. I just had to keep the mindset that they were going to good homes and would be taken care of.

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Welcome to the site - its great here, theres always lots to do, see and learn
it can become a bit of an addiction
but dont worry you are among good friends

Glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums
A bit of an addition???? It IS an additction!!!!!!
I have only been a member a few days and I cant get off!!! I dont even have a cat YET, but I will be adopting 2 within a few weeks.
I am SOOOO EXCITED to get cats again. I use to have 2 cats (Midnight and JC) but they died 2 years ago.
Welcome to the forum!!!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your adorable fur-family to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome Poohnpglet!! This is a great forum. I have only been here a day myself but I love it!! Everyone is sooooo nice and very helpful.

Enjoy!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
If you have any questions, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.