Boring Cat Furniture

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do all the cat trees seem to be in blue, brown and tan?

I would love to get one in red or black but can't seem to find any. Do they only come in boring colors?

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
If you or a family member is good with tools, you can always customize your own tree! I know several people on here have done it and apparently it's not too hard... hopefully they could post with advice if you're interested in that route.... I don't have a spot for a big tree at the moment, but would love to make one once I do - it probably ends up being cheaper that way too

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Why do all the cat trees seem to be in blue, brown and tan?

I would love to get one in red or black but can't seem to find any. Do they only come in boring colors?
Depending on how much you want to spend, I think you can find some diff colors out there...

Armarkat has some pawprint ones (TCS people seem to get good deals on eBay)

catsplay.com has a bunch of tree/condo choices with custom color options, like this one: http://catsplay.com/mol_38.php3

drsfostersmith.com has a bunch of diff styles w/ color options, incl. burgundy

angelicalcat.com is pricey but tons of options/styles/colors

felinedesign.net guy might be able to find diff carpet colors for you

www.crazycatcondos.com/taniframeset.html CrazyCatCondos might be able to get diff colors also...really BIG castle trees for kinda reasonable price given size/style

Have fun shopping!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the links! The pawprint and burgundy ones are cute, but I'd like to have a solid black one, since kitty is black! I can't seem to find black in any of the color choices though

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the links! The pawprint and burgundy ones are cute, but I'd like to have a solid black one, since kitty is black! I can't seem to find black in any of the color choices though
I checking out the Fur Pictures section & saw that the post "Cosmo on day two" has a tall black cat tree
. Maybe you can ask Inbandcats where their tree is from? It looks like an Armarkat one.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well cause brown and tans or creams would go with almost anything. Our one is tan/cream and I'd like to get one that has some "spots" on it.....lol

But if you want other colors - maybe contact on of the manufactures on the net and get a custom made one if you want red carpet.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did contact Armarkat and they said they didn't do custom orders and I could only get the colors pictured

I will keep looking though. Red might be a little tough but I can surely find a black one somehwere!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I did contact Armarkat and they said they didn't do custom orders and I could only get the colors pictured

I will keep looking though. Red might be a little tough but I can surely find a black one somehwere!
Checkout the link Abbysmom posted -- I definitely saw an Armarkat one -- in BLACK!!

-- free shipping, too, on that model!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That Armarkat one is actually a dark blue. I saw the black one on spoilmykitty but those are really a bit too pricey.

Maybe I can get a cheap one and replace the carpet?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

That Armarkat one is actually a dark blue. I saw the black one on spoilmykitty but those are really a bit too pricey.

Maybe I can get a cheap one and replace the carpet?
if you get one that just has the flat levels, that would probably be doable. i have one that has a tunnel & a little house/cave - it would be hard to recover those, IMO. might be easier to just cover the existing carpet with the black, instead of replacing it, too.