Well, I can't believe I did it.... I really did it!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is something that I was really scared to do. I put in my 2 weeks notice today at work. They were treating me like **** at work,
and so I told them this is my 2 week notice. I feel better about myself already!

It's weird how you can love your job so much and then the next day everything really changes. I started this job out at the beginning of the year, and I loved it. It seems like the more I know them- the more they take advantage of me! All day they have been begging me to stay- NOPE!

Wheww. What a relief!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

This is something that I was really scared to do. I put in my 2 weeks notice today at work. They were treating me like **** at work,
and so I told them this is my 2 week notice. I feel better about myself already!

It's weird how you can love your job so much and then the next day everything really changes. I started this job out at the beginning of the year, and I loved it. It seems like the more I know them- the more they take advantage of me! All day they have been begging me to stay- NOPE!

Wheww. What a relief!
!!! In another few weeks you will wonder why you waited so long. You will be happy in your new job, I know. May you find that job quickly and get some more $$$ in the deal!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you, it is important to be happy in what you do.
I myself have been thinking about making a career change one of these days as well. I have always enjoyed my job a great deal but with the opening of the second location my work load has increased greatly. I sometimes feel like I am on call 24/7 which is a little stressful.
Good luck with your future endeavours and I hope you find something you really like.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you, glad you are feeling better about it already!
Hope your next job is much better! Sending you new good job vibes

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From someone who wasted 18 years of her life waiting for a job to start loving her back...
CONGRATULATIONS!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats....it seems like you made the right choice for you! Good luck with the job search!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you, you hafta be able to like your job, I hope you find something you like even better soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a lot of the reason for me quitting this job is because of the pay. They promised me a raise- never got one. They promised me Administrator of office- never was. Plus, I never got paid overtime for working 50+ hours per week. I was only getting paid $10 per hour. Other than that, I liked the job!

So, just a little update, I gave my 2 weeks notice. They have been BEGGING me to stay. They told me how important I am to the company, and they are sorry for not letting me know that along the way. They want me to sit down with them today and discuss pay and maybe we'll work something out.

If they give me a good enough 'deal' I may take it, temporarily! Some of you may know that our roommate has a lot of baseball cards, that we will be selling... After we get the cards and start making money, I'll probably end up quitting anyway.

We'll see what happens today, and then I'll update you again! Thank you everyone for your support. Quitting a job is not easy, and not fun! Luckily, my bosses want me to stay, so they may give me the money I want!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully they will give you the raise and respect you deserve. Definately say something about the overtime and maybe ask for owed OT pay.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, because isn't it required that they pay for overtime if I work over 40 hours per week? I work over 50 hours a week, and don't get anything extra! I know I won't be there for a LONG time anyway, because I have other plans for my life! (Selling baseball cards!)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Yeah, because isn't it required that they pay for overtime if I work over 40 hours per week? I work over 50 hours a week, and don't get anything extra! I know I won't be there for a LONG time anyway, because I have other plans for my life! (Selling baseball cards!)
speaking of selling baseball cards - how lucrative is it and where do you sell them. FIL is giving me boxes worth and I was just going to sell them at a garage sale.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully, they will pay you for your overtime. If you really like the job and they are willing to give you a raise, stick with it until something else comes along. Isn't it a great/scary feeling putting in a notice though! I'm just waiting until I can do that at my job.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

speaking of selling baseball cards - how lucrative is it and where do you sell them. FIL is giving me boxes worth and I was just going to sell them at a garage sale.
First, I would take them to a dealer to see if any of them are valuable. They may offer you money for them right off the bat. If not, I would sell them on ebay. Either by themselves or in lots. I wouldn't sell them at a garage sale because you probably won't get much out of them. If you need any help with Ebay, send me a message.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I am going to be selling baseball/football/basketball cards. We have 1-5 million cards to sort through, categorize, and sell! I think if you want to make money first bring them to a card dealer, or sell on e-bay. One good thing about e-bay is a lot of people from all over and see it! Whereas if you put them on craigslist.org (or something similar) only people in your community will see them for sale!