Who else has SUCKER stamped on their forehead?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if I really have that stamp, but Mojo sure thinks I do - and of course I oblige her. And the other kitties. OK, I do have the stamp.

Example #1: We got a new "window shaker" air conditioner last weekend. Got it installed, and of course, the kitties LOVE the box. I even have it sealed up on top because we put the packing materials back inside the box, and they still love it. I moved it up to the bed when I did my workout, and Mojo had a blast climbing on it, wiggling on it, just being adorable on it.
At this point, we were still going to toss it today (trash day - only once a week). I thought I could sneak it out, but as soon as I started moving the box off the bed, Ginger jumped up on and let me know that she loves the box too.
So I stil have a big ol' box in the middle of the bedroom for at least another week because the little girls like it there.

Example #2: Mojo likes to "nuzzle" me at night. This involves her licking my neck and just snuggling her head into my face and neck, and kneading my neck and shoulders with one paw on each side. Yes, it is adorable.
Last night, she decided that 3:00 in the morning was the right time to nuzzle. Normally I can at least 1/2 sleep while she's doing this, but last night she just couldn't get comfortable and settle down! She was flipping and flopping and laying on my face and sliding off and twisting around... If I tried to hold her tight so she would settle, she just wiggled more. So today I am dead tired.
But Mojo is worth it, isn't she?

OK - I KNOW I am not the only one, at least not on this site!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel to bad about the box issue, I bought a small TV for my bedroom 6 months ago and guess what. The box is still sitting in my bedroom, now with a blanket inside because Sassy likes to nap in it occasionally. Add to this I have close to 50 of those white pop bottle caps in a box because they are Linus favorite thing to play with and every time I throw one out he gives me a sad eye stare and I end up giving it to him to play with.

To be honest this is not even a sucker issue, it is who is actually a who owns who issue

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You wouldn't believe all of the empty diaper boxes in my basement, just for the kitties enjoyment!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a sign too, visible only to cats! I still have old boxes just because Zissou likes it, my suitcase is laying on my living room floor because she likes to lay in it... She used to sleep on my neck too and I would lay awake breaking out in hives rather than move her

Aww

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow, Clyde knows when I'm about to boil some spaghetti, and he sits at my feet and gazes up longingly until I give him a piece to play with. I end up with a dozen little broken bits of spaghetti on the floor... but a happy cat.

The other day, I made penne pasta intead. Gave Clyde a piece of that to play with -- he nudged it with his nose, glanced up at me in disgust, and strolled away for a nap.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup- Epona refuses to throw out boxes as Radar loves to play in them for hours. I sneak them out when she is distracted

As for Sonic my sleep pattern has not been the same since he started sleeping in the bedroom

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we got our new computer back in July of last year, the cats immediately descended upon the large, empty Dell box. That box sat in our living room for the next six months, until I was tired of Oz chewing it into little pieces and leaving bits of soggy, mushy cardboard all of the floor. I felt like such a mean meowmy when I did finally insist that we get rid of it!

We also have towels or blankets on every hard surface the cats might choose to sleep on (that isn't already covered in clutter): the top of J's dresser, the top of my computer desk, an end table in front of one of the hall windows ... There's even a little cupboard in the kitchen that has nothing but a towel in it for the cats (the cupboard is over a heat vent, so we can't put anything in it that might get cooked; it's just easier to leave it empty for the cats).

Sucker? Who, me?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We still have the large box from Petco (the Drinkwell we ordered) sitting in the living room. It even has a cat picture on it (Petco logo) so of course it's a cat fort.
I threw out the packing paper, but not the box. The guys are just having too much fun with it. Nope. No suckers here.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi that's the only time my little vampire kitten Leo will come over for lovin', at 3am! Any other time he tries to bite your face!

Oh, and Betsy sent us a cat tunnel for outside for Louie weeks ago.... it's still in the middle of my living room, a 5 ft green mesh cat tunnel. Why you ask? Cause DH said "no, don't take it outside, they LOVE to play on it in here & it wouldn't be fair to Leo or LuckyGirl if it was outside"
I am not the only sucker in my house....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sucker? Oh no I don't have sucker stamped up there I have: Huge Giant Push Over.... all we have to do is meow. I don't want to get into what we've done, but our lives changed the moment 8-Bit came home.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we probably all have the word SUCKER across our forehead! For a start - we weren't going to have any pets over here... and now we have 3 cats.

And for Mojo - I'd be giving her snuggles when she asked for them as well!!!! I do the exact same for Lily. She only feels comfortable for snuggles at certain times, so whenever she asks, she receives - no matter what I'm in the middle of doing (eating, sleeping, going to the toilet... yes she feels if I'm on the loo, it's safe to come ask for snuggles
).

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL!! I couldn't help but laugh at this thread, because I've been there too.
I know that Reyah is going to do the same thing to me. When Smuckie was still alive she could get away with anything and if she wanted it, it was hers. Reyah hasn't been with us long, yet, but I can already see it coming. LOL

~Michelle~

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sucker! That's me! My girlies keep a box at all times, sometimes two or three! We always have to have a paper bag, as well. I've had the very same experience..after about the 5th time I've tripped over the box, I think I've really got to throw that thing out! Just that moment, though, Sierra will "hear" my idea and hurry to hop in her box to show me how much she's enjoying it. Nope, no getting rid of the box, I'll just need to keep stumbling around
Similarly, as well, Heidi, her current favorite is the big box from the fan we just got last week
Sleep? Do you mean it's possible to actually make it through the night without one of our little ones waking us up for a snuggle? Even when we do get back to sleep..I woke up this morning wondering why my neck and back felt like I'd slept on rocks with my head off the pillow, Sierra draped all the way across my right arm and Serenity pinning down my left shoulder. How could I ever sleep a wink without my precious loves

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if Miagi is on the clean laundry and I have to fold it I just leave him there. hey procrastinating is good for the soul right?

Tiger will steal the computer chair and I will just let him sit there and I find boxes that he can play in. he's a box obsessed kitty and he will steal my pillow at night and I share it with him. yup, you're not the only one that has "sucker" all over your forehead.

I let my dogs do what they want, too. I am such a push over!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

if Miagi is on the clean laundry and I have to fold it I just leave him there. hey procrastinating is good for the soul right?

:
Oh Krista, it would be a crime to wake them when they're resting on warm laundry!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bobber & Grizzly come in from outside via one door and then go to another door to go back outside. I guess they like the shortcut of using the inside of the house rather than walk around it. And of course they have trained up well to let them do this.