Chances a kitty will return home?

carriehobbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Our cat Tasha, got out two nights ago around 11 PM and has not been back. She is a cat we adopted at a Tierheim in Heidelberg, Germany. Tierheim is thier animal shelter. She was an indoor/outdoor cat. We chose to keep her inside while in Germany, living on a US military base there, hubby was in the Army. We moved home to Atlanta, GA. and still kept her inside, we started letting her out about 10 days ago, she is spayed and has her claws. She would not go far, just stay in the yard, or leave yard and come back around 6-7 PM, however, two nights ago, my 9 year old brought her in as he does for the night at 8 PM and we shut the pet door. I went outside to check on some of my Koi in my pond at 11 PM and she slipped out. I re-opened the pet door assuming she would return. There was a storm not the first night out but the second, last night. And one tonight and she has not yet returned. My hubby and I and our three sons went out this AM looking for her in our neighborhood with no luck. There are tons of outdoor cats here and even on our street. She has a collar with her tags, and she has a chip in her. The AVID PetTrac chip, and her tag plus her rabies one is on her collar. I have had other cats who got out and came back about 3-4 days. I am hoping she will come back, is 10 days outside and leaving the yard a tad enough to know her way back home?
Thanks,
Carrie

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for Tasha and for your family, I hope she comes back soon.

Please keep us updated on her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carriehobbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, she came back last night at 5 AM. She was meowing outside the door, I had left the pet door open for her, but I think she did not know. My children and my husband and I are so happy she is home. We missed her. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they worked!
Carrie

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carriehobbs

Hello, Our cat Tasha, got out two nights ago around 11 PM and has not been back. She is a cat we adopted at a Tierheim in Heidelberg, Germany. Tierheim is thier animal shelter. She was an indoor/outdoor cat. We chose to keep her inside while in Germany, living on a US military base there, hubby was in the Army. We moved home to Atlanta, GA. and still kept her inside, we started letting her out about 10 days ago, she is spayed and has her claws. She would not go far, just stay in the yard, or leave yard and come back around 6-7 PM, however, two nights ago, my 9 year old brought her in as he does for the night at 8 PM and we shut the pet door. I went outside to check on some of my Koi in my pond at 11 PM and she slipped out. I re-opened the pet door assuming she would return. There was a storm not the first night out but the second, last night. And one tonight and she has not yet returned. My hubby and I and our three sons went out this AM looking for her in our neighborhood with no luck. There are tons of outdoor cats here and even on our street. She has a collar with her tags, and she has a chip in her. The AVID PetTrac chip, and her tag plus her rabies one is on her collar. I have had other cats who got out and came back about 3-4 days. I am hoping she will come back, is 10 days outside and leaving the yard a tad enough to know her way back home?
Thanks,
Carrie
It never hurts to try this organization, which according to Kittens for Dummies is very impressive in helping people get their pets back: 1-800-HELP-4-PETS.