Cozmo not wanting attention from me,,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, Cozmo used to like to be carried and petted and general attention. As he gets bigger he don't seem to like or want attention from me very much. Is this change fairly normal for cats as the grow up?

About the only time he comes by me is when he wants treats. I have started to make him wait for a treat till I have petted him for a while. I don't know if this a good thing to do or not. I can tell he still likes me and trusts me, but he only wants attention on his terms. Makes me a little sad sometimes.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tom W

Hi, Cozmo used to like to be carried and petted and general attention. As he gets bigger he don't seem to like or want attention from me very much. Is this change fairly normal for cats as the grow up?

About the only time he comes by me is when he wants treats. I have started to make him wait for a treat till I have petted him for a while. I don't know if this a good thing to do or not. I can tell he still likes me and trusts me, but he only wants attention on his terms. Makes me a little sad sometimes.
I can understand perfectly. Persi has definately changed now that he is 14 months old from the time he was a kitten. It is sad but I think he may be right back loving on you when he enters his next phase. I have had a few cats before and they have all had phases they go through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess it must be like a teenage thing, when its not cool to hang out with mom or dad.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tom W

I guess it must be like a teenage thing, when its not cool to hang out with mom or dad.
Totally... Cozmo goes through moods and phases in your life just like you, and he's very sensitive. I agree eith Tom W... Mom is sooooo not cool anymore!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We were gone camping for almost 6 days this last week. I was missing Cozmo some the last couple days but when we got home Cozmo acted like he couldn't care less if I was home or not, so it made me sad. All the other cats were happy to see me but not Cozmo. Maybe he can tell I still miss Tuffy allot?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had cats that will make me pay for being gone by ignoring me for a bit
They do have a teenage phase though. Daphne isn't as cuddly as she was when she was a little thing. I figure I must be doing something right if she feels secure in being independent

Cozmo still loves you
He just needs to do cat things for awhile and he'll come back around