My grandma would almost keep Smokie, if she wasn't long-haired.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My grandma would almost keep Smokie, if she wasn't long-haired, and didn't go after George. lol, she says shes a nice cat, and she likes her. But her and George don't get a long. Senior cat, and young cat. I thought George loved the youngens, he loves those kittens though, but Smokie chases after him, everytime he is playing with one. Its quite funny, she doesn't do anything though. She has taken in Mika's babies, and is nursing them too. Poor girl. But, my grandma would keep her, if she wasn't long-haired. She likes her calm nature. And I'd love her keeping Smokie. That would be wonderful if she did. Cause Smokie can't go back outdoors, seeing how she isn't spayed, and is a very tolerant cat, just nothing to scare her, cause her socialization stinks. No offense to her, but, I love her to death, and would love for that cat to be somewhere indoors! With no kids, or dogs. Shes scared to death of both things. Or loud noises, but she'll get over the loud noises. Shes really a great cat. Very loveable, loves attention! But, she would, if she wasn't a long-haired cat, cause she doesn't want the extra hair to clean up. But, I'd love it, if she took her. She would keep her indoors. So, I wouldn't be too worried about spaying, if she was kept indoors all the time, and Smokie is pretty good about that.
Well, I had to rant away a little bit on this, a good rant. Thank you for reading!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spirita2010

My grandma would almost keep Smokie, if she wasn't long-haired, and didn't go after George. lol, she says shes a nice cat, and she likes her. But her and George don't get a long. Senior cat, and young cat. I thought George loved the youngens, he loves those kittens though, but Smokie chases after him, everytime he is playing with one. Its quite funny, she doesn't do anything though. She has taken in Mika's babies, and is nursing them too. Poor girl. But, my grandma would keep her, if she wasn't long-haired. She likes her calm nature. And I'd love her keeping Smokie. That would be wonderful if she did. Cause Smokie can't go back outdoors, seeing how she isn't spayed, and is a very tolerant cat, just nothing to scare her, cause her socialization stinks. No offense to her, but, I love her to death, and would love for that cat to be somewhere indoors! With no kids, or dogs. Shes scared to death of both things. Or loud noises, but she'll get over the loud noises. Shes really a great cat. Very loveable, loves attention! But, she would, if she wasn't a long-haired cat, cause she doesn't want the extra hair to clean up. But, I'd love it, if she took her. She would keep her indoors. So, I wouldn't be too worried about spaying, if she was kept indoors all the time, and Smokie is pretty good about that.
Well, I had to rant away a little bit on this, a good rant. Thank you for reading!
Come over to my house and try to find any cat hair! Seriously, if you give that longhair a real good combing in the mornings, and I do mean a REAL vigorous one, you will not have cat hairs around the house. At least that has been my personal experience. Try it.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Come over to my house and try to find any cat hair! Seriously, if you give that longhair a real good combing in the mornings, and I do mean a REAL vigorous one, you will not have cat hairs around the house. At least that has been my personal experience. Try it.

Also, longhairs are much easier to pick up (IMO) than short hairs that are pokey and stick everywhere!