Hmmmmmm

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive come to a realization, I once posted about how my cats dont like me to touch their paws. I NOW think this is due to them being declawed (my parents declawed them when I was young unfortunatley, not my fault
) They were declawed as kittens, but could that be a reason for this behavior?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes very much so - I've noticed that in almost every declawed cat - they will pull back when touching their paws.........do you blame them???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sigh, thats horrible
I hate that my parents declawed them. I apologize to them all the time for that.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it's something along the lines of phantom limb syndrome. Titus, one of our rescue cats, was declawed poorly when we got him. You don't even need to touch his paw for him to pull it away, just getting your hand close to his paw is enough for him. It makes me so upset to see him like that

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww
I hope its not phantom limb syndrome, I hope its just cause he fears your getting to close and going to touch his paw. Declawing should be outlawed everywhere

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our Munchie is NOT declawed, but you cannot "shake hands" with him...sometimes it's the left one, sometimes the right one...we call it "the hand that cannot be shaken"
. Our Doc though...you can always shake hands with him
!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FerrisCat

I think it's something along the lines of phantom limb syndrome.
Thank you ... I have been trying to remember the name of this syndrome for weeks! I think they sometimes feel that way. How could they not?

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Thank you ... I have been trying to remember the name of this syndrome for weeks! I think they sometimes feel that way. How could they not?
Well not everyone who has had a limb amputated still feels it afterwards, but some do....thats ick