We're getting a Furminator!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOOHOO!! I went looking for one a little while ago thanks to TCS recommendations and discovered they were $50!!! I thought that a little bit much for a cat brush, so got a cheaper one that's been pretty good, but Smudge and Lily are shedding soooooo much at the moment, I've still been tossing it up.

So I just checked online to see where I could find one for cheaper, and Petsmart is having a sale - the medium size is on special for $35!

So I'm going to head down down and see if they're doing the same price in store, or if they'll at least match their internet price!

Oh and for those who haven't heard about them - this is a furminator.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooohh, that sounds like a great deal- I'm jeleous! I've always wanted to try one- I hope you can get it at the $35!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The FURminator is to cat brushes as the Dyson vacuum is to vacuum cleaners. You are goign to LOVE it!!!!!! Over the weekend I got so much hair off of Tino and Laura.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I used both of them like I should, I probably wouldnt have any cat hair around here

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I could surely use one, Misty has been shedding excessively the past few weeks, this must be the season for it. Her hair knots up too no matter how often I comb her, she doesn't like brushes. She won't let me comb her chest and belly either so that part of her body is never combed. I am constantly picking up lumps of hair. I don't know if she would allow me to use a furminator on her and I don't think they would take it back once used. Thanks for showing one tho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll let you know how it goes - none of mine really tolerate being brushed for long. This will be the 4th brush we've tried this year... The first 2 the cats refused to be brushed with, and the 3rd one was ok, but given that I have cream coloured sheets on my bed, and the pillow cases and sheets are literally COVERED in black fur (I mean to the point where I look at the sheets and want to wash them every second day they are so covered in fur), I don't think the 3rd brush is working as well as it could.

I'm so excited.... heading out now!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GARRRR!!!! So I went down to Petsmart, and they're got them for $50 in store. So I told one of the staff members that they were being advertised online for $35 and would they match it, she said "yes, but you'll need to bring a copy of it here". I said, but it's the Petsmart website that's showing it, do you guys not know what the website prices are, or can you check? She said "no, you have to bring the paper down". I was a little confused and said "just to clarify - to get the online price, I need to go back home, print out the page from the PETSMART WEBSITE, then come back down here with it??". And she said yes.

Grrr!! So if that's not annoying enough, I come home, and the Petsmart website is now down for maintenance!!! AARRGGHHH!!!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

The FURminator is to cat brushes as the Dyson vacuum is to vacuum cleaners. You are goign to LOVE it!!!!!! Over the weekend I got so much hair off of Tino and Laura.
So...what you are saying is, is that my next purchase HAS to be a furminator, hmmmm? Is that what you're saying???

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have got to be kidding, that is ridiculous!! Did you speak with the manager?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

So...what you are saying is, is that my next purchase HAS to be a furminator, hmmmm? Is that what you're saying???
You have spent so much money on your babys this week you might as well go for it

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Yes. Absolutely. Definitely. Any cat household MUST have a Dyson and a Furminator!!!! Especially with your big Ferris - I bet he'd love it!

Originally Posted by Pami

You have got to be kidding, that is ridiculous!! Did you speak with the manager?
No, but if they don't give me the cheaper price when I get back they will be dealing with a cranky, hormonal pregnant woman

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

No, but if they don't give me the cheaper price when I get back they will be dealing with a cranky, hormonal pregnant woman
Well then, if you get the deal, please buy two, and I'll send you a check that includes postage costs so you can ship me one.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'll let you know how it goes - none of mine really tolerate being brushed for long. This will be the 4th brush we've tried this year... The first 2 the cats refused to be brushed with, and the 3rd one was ok, but given that I have cream coloured sheets on my bed, and the pillow cases and sheets are literally COVERED in black fur (I mean to the point where I look at the sheets and want to wash them every second day they are so covered in fur), I don't think the 3rd brush is working as well as it could.

I'm so excited.... heading out now!
I'd like to have some of that black fur on my bed -
. She's so special

Let's hope the website isn't down so they can change the prices.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

WOOHOO!! I went looking for one a little while ago thanks to TCS recommendations and discovered they were $50!!! I thought that a little bit much for a cat brush, so got a cheaper one that's been pretty good, but Smudge and Lily are shedding soooooo much at the moment, I've still been tossing it up.
this is a furminator.
Okay, now I'm thinking about getting one, too. Last week, the grocery bagger said, I bet you have cats at home, right? Gee, was it the white cat fur on my jacket THAT noticeable?
I guess, HINT HINT, it's time to tackle the cat fur.
We've got a slicker & a zoom groom, but still there's fuzz floating around.

What's the difference btw the different furminators--just size?
I'm checking eBay to see if they have good deals. There's a small one for $19.95 plu $6 shipping -- is that good?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got the medium from Eithne's ( icklemiss21) suggestion and it has worked great!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG the Furminator rocks. Petsmart matched the price no problem with the print out, so now GingersMom is also now the proud owner of a Furminator.

I used it on Smudge and WOW!!! It got so much more fur out than my other brushes in a much shorter time, and her coat feels softer as well. I noticed with the other brush that actually got fur out made her fur feel quite coarse after a brushing - this one is sooooo much nicer!!!!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

OMG the Furminator rocks. Petsmart matched the price no problem with the print out, so now GingersMom is also now the proud owner of a Furminator.
Did you get the small one or the medium one?