I locked my keys in my car

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning...I was scrambling around searching for my keys wondering where the heck they were..

Decided to check out my car..and there they are sitting on the passenger seat

I had washed and vaccuumed my car yesterday and was in and out of it all day...must have left them in there..DOH!

Well, I called a locksmith and $47 later I was only 10 minutes late for work...good thing my policy covers that so I will be reimbursed...whew!

I am off to make another key after work

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a bad case of "lockitis" I've locked my keys in my car more times than I can count- in fact, my driver's door will only unlock with the fob thingy, the key no longer works

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that always sucks! But, ummm, I work for a locksmith company and the price you paid was a good deal!!!! I don't know what the prices in your area are though, but for the USA that would be a steal!

LOL I've actually locked my car door before---while the car was still running.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I know that always sucks! But, ummm, I work for a locksmith company and the price you paid was a good deal!!!! I don't know what the prices in your area are though, but for the USA that would be a steal!

LOL I've actually locked my car door before---while the car was still running.
Thats in Canadian funds too...so there that would be like $60 something probably..

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, $60 in USA is still a good price. Here you can spend anywhere between $55-$150 for a lockout of a car.

But always remember- TALK DOWN THE PRICE! The Tech's are getting paid a percentage of how much the total is... so they are going to make it as high as they can. If you talk them down they CAN bring the price down!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend did that once while we were at the grocery store around 1am and we had to walk back to our house and open the window from outside and use a stick to grab the spare keys that were sitting on the counter inside because all the windows were too small to go through.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that... plenty of times

Thank goodness John has a kit to get in & unlock it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup...after I got my first non-inherited car in college I kept locking my keys in the car. I had a dial-a-code before that, so I hated carrying the keys and would just leave them in the car.
Four years later I leased my first vehicle and it didn't have the dial a code. Needless to say I had many problems.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've done that a couple of times. Once it was summer and my car didn't have good working AC (not if I wanted to go the speed limit!) so I would ride to work in my tank top and put on my overshirt once I got there. Well I saw a friends car (I was working at the mall) so I got out of my car to leave her a note and locked the door. I was in my tank top with my purse on the front seat wide open, wallet and cell phone sticking right out!

Fortunately my boss let me do work in the stockroom till my mother could rescue my belongings!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The police in our town will come and bring that slim jim thing to come and unlock your car.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not laughing at you, I am laughing because we have locked our keys in the car a lot. The first time actually was on my honeymoon! It was a bummer but it made for a good laugh any way!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to do that pretty regularly... but then I got smart: I made a tiny slit in my wallet, underneath where the checkbook slips in, and I took an extra copy of the car key and slid it down in there. I never leave my car without my purse, so I'm safe! It's saved me several times just in the past few years...

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh jeez i did that on a 95 degree day , in iowa so thats actually pretty odd, and we had to walk 4 miles home, since we were in the middle of nowhere. everyone was ticked at me.