I think I need a hug

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My oldest daughter just went with my mom for a month
She is taking her for 2 and a half weeks then also taking the younger 2 for another 2 weeks. She usually takes them for a couple weeks each year but this is the longest that I have been away from one of the kids.

My daughter is so excited while im crying. Its gonna be a long month. I know she will have fun and be ok but thats not making me feel much better.

I was ok with this until this morning when she was leaving and then I tried to talk her out of going (it didnt work). She kept saying oh mom ill call you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you now im just sitting here thinking WHAT WAS I THINKING when I said yes.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eep you sound like my mother!!

Being a mother is so tough at times, but think of her being happy and enjoy the month! it goes by quick anyway!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a mother lol. Ok feeling a little better now. Watching her getting ready to go this morning was hard. Thank you all for your hugs. I might need more by the time the month is over!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, here you go

My sister is giving up BOTH my neices to my mom for a month in the summer..we think she is up to something because she can't wait to let them go

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I'm sorry. You sound like a wonderful mom
How old are your daughters?
She is 11, the other two are 9 and 8.

Well I was excited for the time she takes all 3. But im having a hard time knowing its gonna b over a month before 1 of them is back home. We are gonna go meet her on the 14th at the zoo and then mom is gonna take all 3 of them for 2 more weeks. So it will be over a month.

I know part of being a parent is letting them go but sometimes its just so hard. And I know im over protective of them (comes from some things that happened to me in the past).

Honestly im hoping she calls after a week or so and tells me she wants to come home lol.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure that this will be a good experience for her, although tough on you! Good luck, and when you feel lonely, just call her!