Why? Why? Why?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why why why.............does my friend keep getting pets?? She doesnt deserve them...
Just so ya know what Im talking about~when I got Allie, she also took a brother to her, and had another kitty just the same age.........hmm, well they are both gone now! She *had* a dog, until I got the rescue to take it!
She now has another kitty she told me!
WHY?????

Sorry-I just dont get it!!! *sighs*

I bet this kitten doesnt last a month.........
I told her she would be better off with a fish(if that!) or just a stuffed pet.....Ughh.....

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She just wants some companionship but she has no idea how to care for animals. It's just like my friend's ex-GF. She wanted a rabbit for the longest time so he bought her one. It died 2 months later and now she's thinking about getting a dog.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok-first off, no its not companionship~trust me!! She doesnt even allow these pets in her house!!
And shes got a hubby and 2 kids, for "companionship"
This is why she no longer has her other 2 kittys. One got killed because it got in the neighbors motor, and the other one just simply "disappeared"..

And Helen, yes i have said stuff, but she just laughs it off!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it because of the kids then? maybe they're begging for a pet, but she just gets the dog or cat to appease the children? Perhaps the husband wants the dog or cat too?

Still seems a little loopy to me.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you need to set a good example for her and not take on any more pets, since you seem to keep taking alot of them in as well. If she sees you are maxxed out maybe she'll get the hint.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Maybe you need to set a good example for her and not take on any more pets, since you seem to keep taking alot of them in as well. If she sees you are maxxed out maybe she'll get the hint.
Umm no, trust me my # of pets has NOTHING to do with her getting pets!!

She just does it because they are "cute" and/or kids want them......

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is she getting them from, if it is anywhere respectable (ie not free to a good home out of a box in someones front yard kinda thing) I am sure a call to them would ensure she doesn't get any more animals if she can't care for them properly.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed animals, especially if she lives near you as we have read about the dangers of coyotes etc to cats and dogs in your area from your previous posts.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Where is she getting them from, if it is anywhere respectable (ie not free to a good home out of a box in someones front yard kinda thing) I am sure a call to them would ensure she doesn't get any more animals if she can't care for them properly.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed animals, especially if she lives near you as we have read about the dangers of coyotes etc to cats and dogs in your area from your previous posts.
If she is in your area, you should for sure be concerned for the pets. I guess she knows about your recents scares with missing cats?
She might not be so lucky.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever asked her a direct "why"???? If so, what's her excuse? Is so hard to try and get thru to people sometimes.

Some neighbors of ours refuse to neuter/spay their cats no matter what we tell them. They just lost the house they were renting (long story - not pretty) and the guy went to jail for about a month - wife was left without a place to stay. One of our church friends who has a farm took their 4 cats.

The minute the guy gets out of jail he wants someone to take him to get his cats back! Of course no one would; they still do not have a permanent place to live, they don't have jobs..........yet they want the cats back.........YOU try and figure that out!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

If she is in your area, you should for sure be concerned for the pets. I guess she knows about your recents scares with missing cats?
She might not be so lucky.
She actually lives in town, and I live outside of town....this most recent kitty she got was from someone giving them away at the Dollar Store!!

And no I havent really asked her "why"? She would have some excuse Iam sure!