*PREGNANT* should I be worried??

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am 14 weeks pregnant today! I was in the emergency room for 6 hours earlier today because I passed a little clot nothing major, I didnt have any pain or any other bleeding just the little clot. I was also in the emergency room tuesday night till 4 am!! (I was bleeding and clotting that night) On Tuesday and today I had an ultrasound and I also heard the heartbeat! The doctor told me that everything is ok and that the baby is healthy. I dont know if this means anything, but the e.r. doc took a lot of blood and said he wanted to see my hormone levels, he said if they are lower then they were on Tuesday then thats not good. Well they were lower today not by much, but enought to where he wanted to get an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. So here I am I havent had any pain all day untill about any hour ago. On my left side I have this cramp that stays for like a couple seconds then goes away, but it has only happend twice so far. I am not bleeding or spotting or clotting. Should I be worried?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
As im not a doctor i cant tell you whether you should worry or not. But i think to be safe, you should go to your GP and tell them youre worried, so they can rule any complications out.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No advice here either other than voice your concerns to your doctor, but want to say congrats on your little one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

As im not a doctor i cant tell you whether you should worry or not. But i think to be safe, you should go to your GP and tell them youre worried, so they can rule any complications out.
I was in the e.r. today and the doctor said the baby was perfectly healthy. but now I am having slight cramping only happend twice tho, so I dont know

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

I was in the e.r. today and the doctor said the baby was perfectly healthy. but now I am having slight cramping only happend twice tho, so I dont know
You are obviousely very worried. You need to ask your doctor if cramping is normal and tell him where it is, how long it goes for. It's better to be safe even if you have to turn up at their doorstep two days in a row

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

No advice here either other than voice your concerns to your doctor, but want to say congrats on your little one
I am looking online about the pain I am feeling hopefully I can find some what of an answer. And thanks for the congrats!!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

You are obviousely very worried. You need to ask your doctor if cramping is normal and tell him where it is, how long it goes for. It's better to be safe even if you have to turn up at their doorstep two days in a row
I am a lil worried, I have had a miscarriage before and never been this pregnant before, but I found an article online that is exactly how I feel:

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...ndligament.htm

I have only had the cramp twice but if it gets worse I will be calling my doc in the morning!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I hope that everything turns out fine and the labor is a breeze for you! I was a surrogate mom 3 months ago to a 9 lb, 8 ounce boy and when I was about where you were, I had the same thing and they thought I was etopic at first. Thank goodness I wasn't and that you aren't either!
Best Wishes!!! >^.^<

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have any advice either, other than that I'm sending you two plenty of vibes. Congratulations on the pregnancy! Were you aware you were pregnant before these symptoms?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I might be jumping the gun but I think you need to go see another OB/GYN. Get a second opinion and double check whats going on. Your a mommy, if you are questioning enough to ask on here then you need to go see another dr. It never hurts to double or even triple check something.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Good luck! I hope that everything turns out fine and the labor is a breeze for you! I was a surrogate mom 3 months ago to a 9 lb, 8 ounce boy and when I was about where you were, I had the same thing and they thought I was etopic at first. Thank goodness I wasn't and that you aren't either!
Best Wishes!!! >^.^<
Thats awesome that you were a surrogate mom!! I havent had any cramps yet since last night, thank god and I think all will be ok, I just gotta take it easy!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I don't really have any advice either, other than that I'm sending you two plenty of vibes. Congratulations on the pregnancy! Were you aware you were pregnant before these symptoms?
Thanks for the good vibes!! Yes I knew I was pregnant before these symptoms, I found out I was pregnant on April 24th!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

I might be jumping the gun but I think you need to go see another OB/GYN. Get a second opinion and double check whats going on. Your a mommy, if you are questioning enough to ask on here then you need to go see another dr. It never hurts to double or even triple check something.
My doc is a good one! I was only asking on here because I have never been this pregnant before, and I was already in the e.r. all day and wanted to know from other females who have been pregnant before if this was a normal thing. I had two little cramps they werent bad enough to go to the e.r. again, just wanted to know if it was normal I guess

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definately call the doctor and see what he said, my daughter is having some complications, so she is now seeing her doctor every week, she is almost 29 weeks.

Please let us know how you are doing.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I read somewhere that if the clotting is more a browny colour, it's old cells just being shed, but if the blood is a more red colour, then it's new blood and more worrying, but to check with your doc about any bleeding.

I was lucky enough not to have any of that (23 1/2 weeks now!), but my cousin had bleeding and clotting during her first trimester, and she's now about 16 weeks I think and doing great.

You've made it to 14 weeks which is a good sign, so just take it easy, and make sure you keep harrassing your docs until you're comfortable that everything is fine. It is perfectly fine for you to go see them as often as necessary if nothing else but to calm your nerves. If you want to get another ultrasound to confirm that the baby is fine, then do it.

A calm mother is a much happier mother!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say that if your really concerned- you could just call your DR and see what he has to say

Congrats on the little one- I hope you feel better soon!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with the others, call your doctor with your concerns. I'm sure they get calls all the time wanting to know if something is normal or not, so don't be afraid or feel like your bothering them if that is your thought. That's their job!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS! I'm praying that everything will be ok and that you'll have a happy healthy baby with you in a few months!

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi im also pregnant but im much further along than you im 26 weeks and i know how much you will worry when things change suddenly in your pregnancy i must stress that if you are at all worried give you doctor a call thats what they are there for, we dont want a stressed mommy now
is this your first??? any pictures of your bump???
any way i hope your pregnancy goes well from now on and baby doesnt worry you to much as he/she will have plenty of time to do that when s/he is born lol

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, another doctor visit is probably in order. It may be just a bit of discomfort from your body sort of rearranging itself to make room for the baby...but, it's better to be on top of things, and make sure everything is okay. Take care, and let us know how your visit went! Congratulations!!!