Anyone for hot bread?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm using the bread machine for the first time. Even though weve had it a few years, mum usually makes her own flavoursome things. So i'm making a fruit nut loaf, is rising atm but in two hours you can all have some
(i didn't even follow instructions of the machine lmao)

This recipe i found for the oven but im using the the machine, so milk should be warm if you are NOT using a bread making machine
if you're interested it has:
375gm plain flour
60gm soft brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/4tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp nutmeg
1/4tsp ginger
1/4tsp all spice
15gm dry yeast
150ml milk
60gm butter (melted)
225gm mixed diced fruit of your choice (i used dried pear, apricot & date)
125gm nuts (they say pecans, but i had none, i used sliced almonds)
I also added a little fresh honey and strawberry sauce (not jam or the ice cream topping, but a jar i purchased from a real strawberry farm
)

If you wish to add a glaze once it's cooked, use 150ml of milk and 6tbs sugar. Warm up on the stove till sugar melts, make sure it doesn't burn. Brush over the loaf.

I hope it works

Do you guys have any special bread/cake/muffin bakey recipes that you invented, or one that is your favourite from a book or passed down the family?

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it's the baking bread smell that kills me
! it smells soooooo, soooo yummy! (there's a bread factory or something around here & it smells like fresh bread at diff times of day...terrible
!)

Happy Baking!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love making bread - I got a breadmaker for my birthday so I had lots of fun making bacon and cheddar bread for family members. My brother's girlfriend ate a lot of it. I hope she doesn't blame me for any weight gain!

I don't eat much of my own bread because I was told that one slice equals four slices of normal bread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Now I am making bread.
You got me started.
Bwuahahaha!!! My evil plan for world domination is working!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have a bread machine and I love fresh bread!
we also have a harvest bread company by my house and omg their bagels and bread are delicious!
I also love the smell of freshly baked bread and rolls.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished * burns fingers on container* weeeee mm fruity goodness!! and the house smells good too

kibasgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That sounds delicious <3 ~

I might bake some x3 ~

Thanks for the recipe :3 ~

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to always bake it when i lived with my ex bf and i had a bread maker.
My parents ended up taking it with them to Italy, and when i got there last weekend i asked them why they werent using it? They thought i took it again because they hadnt opened all the boxes
Silly duffas! I had to remind them i only took the fryer!

Making your own bread is soo good I might do that today and make rolls then freeze them

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents had a bread maker, but after mom died I sold it for $20. Now I'm kicking myself! I'm having major cravings! Ummm...how long until Christmas??
Maybe if I'm REALLY good, Santa will bring me one.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh our pub has this beautiful frenchbreadstick bread they slice up and serve. I always grab some before i get my steak. I want to know where they get it and what butter they use. It's to die for!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You've got to make some
anadama bread...mmm, tasty
it's kinda like that dark brown kinda sweet bread you get at Outback Steakhouse...impossible to find in bakeries

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a bread maker yet but I love the smell and taste of warm bread with butter! My favorite is potato dill. MMMMMM

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that sounds just decadent! I will indeed try that sometime.

I do have two breads I love to make: one is just a plain white bread recipe, but I pat it out into a rectangle and spread it with a mixture of butter, parmesan, and a touch of sage... then dampen the edges, roll it up, and bake it with a sprinkle of parmesan across the top. It's great with any pasta, especially fettucine alfredo.

The other is my all-time favorite bread in the world: again, just a standard white bread recipe, except that I replace the liquid with warmed chianti, then mix in a lot of chopped walnuts before forming the loaf. Sometimes I add chunks of Swiss cheese, too!

Oh my. Now I'm going to be up half the night baking. Thanks a whole lot, Dragoriana!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh my. Now I'm going to be up half the night baking. Thanks a whole lot, Dragoriana!
Now where's that evil laugh icon?...oh right

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You guys are killin me!lol
I bet my new kitchen appliance purchase will be a breadmaker. And there's some money burning a hole in my pocket!