Smokie's kitten is half blind!

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I figured out, little Sitka, girl kitten, of Smokie's kittens is half blind. Blind in one eye, and I don't know if she's going to make it or not.
Shes 4 weeks old. Shes not doing well. But, she may have just been tired too, after eating. I know she needs a vet, but.. I don't know how I'm going to do that. With no help.. But, I am going to be really upset if she doesn't make it, I know some kittens don't make it, but, this little girl has to make it! Well, thats it, thank you for reading!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats sad, I'm sure if she is only blind in one eye she may beable to make it. How do you know that anyway? My dog Spike actually only has one eye, and he is fine. I would just help her get to a nipple everytime that you are at your grandmas. Because its probably hard for her to see it. Good luck!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
honestly if you have no way of getting her to a vet , please ring the shelter with a no kill policy, if you want to do the right thing then this is it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

honestly if you have no way of getting her to a vet , please ring the shelter with a no kill policy, if you want to do the right thing then this is it.
Very true, but, to tell you the truth, we just bailed Mika's babies out of a Shelter because my mom liked them. And didn't want them in a Shelter. But, that would be best. thanks for being straight up Xxtasha. This is why I love the forums I'm on. People are straight up with me.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, Mika and her kittens were taken to a shelter, and then your mom had them pulled back out?
I tell you what, you're a strong young lady, Spirita. I don't know if I could have handled that kind of irresponsible behavior from my parents at your age...I would have been beyond upset. And you know that I'm basing that from other things you've posted about your family regarding the welfare of your pets...

I'm not sure how you're determing how Sitka is blind. Is the eye simply closed, or is it open, and blue, or has a milky, white appearance? In any case, you need to buffalo your mother into providing these pets with veterinary care, and it she can't do so, then threaten to call animal control on her for neglect. She's done this far too many times, and I would be going out of my mind by now. It's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. And if your mother cannot provide adequate medical care to your pets, then the pets must go.

I'm sorry, but she's being very selfish. Rather than putting the animal's best interest FIRST, she's more worried about her personal feelings. She was also incredibly selfish when she was leaving you to fend for yourself a little while back, and sneaking around with Bruce.

Sitka needs a vet. In fact, the entire litter needs to go for a general check-up, if it hasn't happened already. If she can't do that, I'd be calling animal control to have all of the pets removed, as painful and difficult as that will be. I hate to say it, but it's best in the long run for everyone.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think calling animal control might be a little much, because you can't guarantee they'll go to a no kill shelter; and usually animal control won't take animals for just a lack of vet care--it has to be out and out abuse or severe neglect. They don't do near as much for animals as they do for children.

But I wonder if you could find a vet who will examine your kittens at a discount, if you explain that you're willing to pay but haven't got the money? Many vets are animal lovers, after all; and if you can arrange to pay a little at a time...?

miyu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeha, monthly payments, thats a good idea.
Very true, but, to tell you the truth, we just bailed Mika's babies out of a Shelter because my mom liked them. And didn't want them in a Shelter. But, that would be best. thanks for being straight up Xxtasha. This is why I love the forums I'm on. People are straight up with me
it sounds like to me that your mother felt sorry for the kittens being at the shelter? was it the SPCA Or some place that would put her down if you didn’t take her? If so I can see why you felt you had to take her, and you can now call a no kill organization and explain to them that you paid to save her but you can afford any more and she will only get worse with you, so they would probably want to take her so she can have a 3rd chance, or even a better chance.

But if you did get her from a no kill organization, not the SPCA, then you have a right to take her back for any reason. Part of being a good organization is taking back the cats they sell.

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the kittens would have been better off atthe shelter. You let your unspayed cat get pregnant, now you need to take care of the problem. I know you are young and you have no say, but something needs to be done.