Broken Tail??

gazmc81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
Im new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out.
Im a very proud owner of a 10 week old kitten - her name is Jess. Today i had a wee accident, i was going into my freezer and the drawer fell out as i opened it, falling onto poor wee Jess's tail.
She gave a good yelp and at 1st obviously seemed in a bit of pain,she seems ok now and is doing everything as she normally did however her tail has a kink in it towards the end and i fear she may have broken it.
Has anyone experienced this as im quite concerned and any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Garry.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Garry and welcome to the site !

I dont have any experience with broken or injured tails, but if you gently touch where the kink is, what sort of reaction do you get - if she flinches or pulls her tail away then its probably something you need to get checked out by your vet.

Do you know if she had the kink before, one of my cats has a kink in his tail, its a common birth thing, so maybe she had it before and you've just noticed it now
and she may just have bad bruising from where the drawer hit her

Well I hope she's OK ! Keep us posted !

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'll move this to the health forum, but i would still take her to a vet garry just incase.

I hope the little cherubs ok
probably be a good idea... don't know that they'd do anything, tho...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww poor little girl!! Accidents do happen though, so don't beat yourself up over it!

Can she hold her tail up still or is it drooping? If it's tender or drooping, then definitely take her to a vet. If it's still got a kink in it tomorrow, then I'd probably take her to the vet still to get it checked out - cats can hide pain very well!

Good luck and keep us updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gazmc81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks 4 the advice folks,
She can raise her tail ok but its drooping near the end where the drawer has obv hit her, its sitting at a 90 degree angle - looks really strange.
Shes been sleeping pretty much since it happened and doesnt seem to have any probs movin around.
Any further advice would be welcomed,

Thanks again!!