How Do I Avoid Hurt Feelings?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to request a siggy showing our three kitties. But I'm wondering what if I don't like it (or them)? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, especially if they are doing something nice like this for me!

How is this situation handled? Would your feelings be hurt if you make a siggy and you never see the person use it?

Just wondering...

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only speak for myself, there are a group of us that make siggies and often several of us make them for the same person. So you would probably get 4 or 5 and most people rotate them, change them every week or so. I don't think any of us expect you to just use one all the time

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I'm usually surprised when I see one of my siggies rotate in because I usually forget which ones I made.

Really, the best way to avoid not liking something is to be more specific about what you want or don't want. For instance if you HATE the color, say, red be sure to tell us that when you request it. If you want a specific theme or quote, let us know.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much what Heidi said. Some of the sig makers do get upset if theirs are not used, others don't. Obviously it is nice to see your hard work shown rather than not used.

If you have a certain preference, we all have different styles, you could decide what member's syle you prefer and PM that sig maker.

As Anakat said, most people rotate through them rather than stick to one, so you could always show each one and then keep the one you prefer up once you have shown them all?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Pretty much what Heidi said. Some of the sig makers do get upset if theirs are not used, others don't. Obviously it is nice to see your hard work shown rather than not used.

If you have a certain preference, we all have different styles, you could decide what member's syle you prefer and PM that sig maker.

As Anakat said, most people rotate through them rather than stick to one, so you could always show each one and then keep the one you prefer up once you have shown them all?
that's what i did, for my 1st sigs - i PM'd the sig maker. that was also before the thread existed. i have individual sigs of all of mine [except for Firefox - waiting for her to 'pretty up'] & i rotate those with the ones that show all of them. this one's been up a long time because it's currently the only one with Firefox in it - it was a surprise sig!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen a bad siggy on here yet

I think even if you get one you don't like as well, it doesn't hurt to show it for awhile then rotate it out. I'm so impressed with the talent on this board. I recently had several people make some very beautiful siggys for me - all of which I absolutely love - and I wish I could show all of them at the same time. The next best thing is to rotate.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive had a couple of signatures made for me, and i've loved them completely. But as i am arty farty and i need to be making stuff, i'm always changing my signatures (see the one i made 5 mins ago) lol

I think just about everyone here changes them around, and im sure the very talented people do not mind

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I haven't seen a bad siggy on here yet

I think even if you get one you don't like as well, it doesn't hurt to show it for awhile then rotate it out. I'm so impressed with the talent on this board. I recently had several people make some very beautiful siggys for me - all of which I absolutely love - and I wish I could show all of them at the same time. The next best thing is to rotate.
That pretty much says it. I think I've been through all of my collection, and now I'm hop-skipping around as the mood strikes. At some point I expect I'll do another complete rotation, just to make sure they all get their day in the sun, so to speak, as they are certainly all worthy of it.
Which of course gives me the opportunity once again to thank all the siggy makers who have done sigs for me.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you posted this. How do you save the other siggies in order to rotate? I don't know where they are, but I could probably find them if they are still on the board. Once I locate them, where do you keep them?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i keep mine on photobucket. i did a sub-album that was just sigs. i right click on the sig, save the location, then upload it to photobucket as a URL [that's one of the options when uploading].

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be a little hurt but I would get over it. Even if it isn't used it is good practice. Heck I have a hard enough time finding anyone on here to make me a siggy, let alone have the opportunity to not like it. I say give it a go, if you have any specific ideas than throw them out there. That is what I did with mine. Life will go on if you aren't a huge fan, just try to describe exactly what you are looking for.

I also save mine in my photobucket! Though I only have one lol!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Heck I have a hard enough time finding anyone on here to make me a siggy, let alone have the opportunity to not like it.
Why don't you post in the Signature request thread? You would have a better chance of receiving signatures.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No only two. Sorry I forgot about one. Reeses made me two and that is it. Am I not allowed to request a new one? I guess I could make my own whenever I get access to photoshop again.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa... Who made that third one? LOL seriously no one ever told me about that one. Sorry I said 2, lol because no one ever informed me that they had made another one... So weird.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I already did and got zero responses.
You had three made for you including the one you are using. If you are talking about the post you made today, please be patient, the sig makers have lives / jobs etc and may not have been online yet and may not get to it for some time if they already have a list of sigs to make (and some sig makers only check the request thread as they have it bookmarked so it may not have been seen by those not checking the whole forum as it isn't in the request thread)

These are the ones made for you on your request earlier this year:

Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I'm glad you posted this. How do you save the other siggies in order to rotate? I don't know where they are, but I could probably find them if they are still on the board. Once I locate them, where do you keep them?
I keep mine in a separate folder on photobucket
This is the other one that was made for you

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Whoa... Who made that third one? LOL seriously no one ever told me about that one. Sorry I said 2, lol because no one ever informed me that they had made another one... So weird.
Did you put your request in this thread?:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92326

Thats where everyone usually goes to request a sig- that way all the designers will see it with your photos, better than just making a new thread in the Signature Shop Forum.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't change mine around nearly as much as I probably should. I have them stored all over the place - some at work (can't access photobucket from work), some at home and actually the majority of mine are seasonal, i.e., Christmas.

I also have to admit I've not seen any siggies that I didn't like. They are all beautiful.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

No only two. Sorry I forgot about one. Reeses made me two and that is it. Am I not allowed to request a new one? I guess I could make my own whenever I get access to photoshop again.
Of course you can request a new one.
You can at any time.
Just put pics in the thread that babyharley has linked to. Not all designers PM you after making a sig, so you have to keep checking the completed thread.