Rest In Peace sweet Teddie

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dear friend of mine had to do a very difficult thing today. Below is a copy of the e-mail I received from her last night. (Please note that I have changed and deleted pertinent information regarding her last name and our towns)
I figured it would be nice to post this as a tribute to Teddie.
RIP sweet Teddie.

To all my Shelter People,
Below is a copy of an e-mail I sent out to my Friends and Family today.
Today at 12:00 noon I had to do one of the hardest things I have ever done.
I had to put my precious Teddie to sleep!
Teddie would have turned 18 on June 27th. Teddie went into the hospital on Wednesday. He had been very weak, having a hard time walking and just not himself. The prognosis was not very good right from the beginning as he was diagnosed with kidney failure. They thought that with some fluids and a special diet he may be able to come home by Saturday and could possibly lead a decent quality of life for a while, possibly 6 months to 2 years even.I received a call from his Doctor this morning telling me that his new test results were not what they had hoped for, that he was not doing better but was indeed doing worse. I had to make the decision that it was time to let him go peacefully and hopefully without pain. Me, Donnie and Chip went to the hospital, spent some time with him and said our good bye's and stayed with him while they euthanized him. It was very sad. Teddie gave us a great deal of love and happiness over these past years and I hope he knows how much we love and will miss him.
Teddie came from the Animal Shelter. We got him for Donnie's 8th Birthday in August 1989. I am sure you are all aware that cats are my passion. I am currently involved in the WHCP and am also on the "Help Homeless Animals" committee to raise funds to build a Regional Animal Shelter to service 3 local towns. We currently do not have a Shelter. We send our Animals to the S Animal Shelter which only has the capacity to hold 21 animals at a time. This is no where even near enough to accommodate these three towns.
I am asking all my friends and family if they would please consider making a tax deductible donation In Memory of Teddie to one of these rescues.
Thanks,
Joanne and Teddie's Family

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your friends sweet kitty, please let her know that I will be praying for her.

RIP Teddie

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

My condolences to your friend on her sad loss of Teddie.

Rest in peace sweet boy.
please send her some
from me - Teddie was a lovely boy