TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What is your FAVORITE candle???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is your FAVORITE candle???

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I'm pretty sure ya'll all know (after quite a few posts on this topic from me) that i have a "slight" candle obsession I LOVE yummy candles target,pier 1, world market, yankee candle co, wood wick you name it!!!! (i'm not picky) My ABSOLUTE favorite candle though is the "Applewood" candle from Wood Wick (you can get them online, at hallmark or at bed bath and beyond- probably some other places too!). I just burnt down my favorite candle after having it for a while so now i'm thinking i need a replacement What is your very favorite candle brand/scent????

this is my favorite!!! (i always get the big jars because i use them sooo much!) http://www.timelesscandles.com/WoodW...ood-p-172.html
post #2 of 21
I don't use candles very often because I'm afraid for the cats and the potential for fires.

However, when I do have a need to use a candle, I use a floating disk, a wick and vegetable oil poured over water. Much safer and less messy than wax candles. Plus a whole lot cheaper and more versatile. You can use a wine glass with one candle in it, or you can use a large bowl and put several. And you can add things to the water such as flowers or stones or marbles and even food colouring to add some pizzaz to the candle arrangement.

http://www.alleghenycandles.com/accessories.html

http://www.wickstore.com/floatingcandle.html
post #3 of 21
I used to have a "thing" for Village and Yankee until I discovered Swan Creek. Holy cow. If you haven't had Swan Creek, you haven't had a candle. The thing about Village/Yankee is that the bigger the candle, the more the scent. That means, if you get votives, you have less scent. OH....not with Swan Creek. They are LOADED. And they aren't this "FAKE" scent crud you would get at like Walmart (the cheapie/"wanna-be" stuff).....these are equiv. if not BETTER than Yankee and Village.

I tend to get into more of the "food" scents! hahahahaaha You know...the cookies, snickerdoodles, apple pie, hazelnut...the "warm" scents. But, also like some of the florals: tulips, for example, I do like. Swan Creek also has something like tarts..but they are a little larger...and they are AMAZING, too....TONS of scent.

There are a few of the actual stores around Michigan..not sure how many stores go out of state, but I have seen various other stores CARRY Swan Creek.

HEY! Wanna swap candles???? I've never heard of Wood Wick! Would love to try a few out! Let me know! Wouldn't mind tripping out to Swan Creek!!
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
I don't use candles very often because I'm afraid for the cats and the potential for fires.

However, when I do have a need to use a candle, I use a floating disk, a wick and vegetable oil poured over water. Much safer and less messy than wax candles. Plus a whole lot cheaper and more versatile. You can use a wine glass with one candle in it, or you can use a large bowl and put several. And you can add things to the water such as flowers or stones or marbles and even food colouring to add some pizzaz to the candle arrangement.

http://www.alleghenycandles.com/accessories.html

http://www.wickstore.com/floatingcandle.html
what a good idea linda! those links were neat! (i like the first one with the rose in it) i agree about the safety issue. i only burn candles when i'm in the room- if i have to leave the room i blow them out. they're all up high and out of reach of the furbabies just to be safe too the candles in my other rooms of the house i put on a candle warmer (yankee candle co. ones and some of the target soy wax ones) they last forever on the candle warmers!!!! (and no fire!) i also think the candle warmers make the scent stronger for whatever reason on the yankee candle ones.
post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie640 View Post
I used to have a "thing" for Village and Yankee until I discovered Swan Creek. Holy cow. If you haven't had Swan Creek, you haven't had a candle. The thing about Village/Yankee is that the bigger the candle, the more the scent. That means, if you get votives, you have less scent. OH....not with Swan Creek. They are LOADED. And they aren't this "FAKE" scent crud you would get at like Walmart (the cheapie/"wanna-be" stuff).....these are equiv. if not BETTER than Yankee and Village.

I tend to get into more of the "food" scents! hahahahaaha You know...the cookies, snickerdoodles, apple pie, hazelnut...the "warm" scents. But, also like some of the florals: tulips, for example, I do like. Swan Creek also has something like tarts..but they are a little larger...and they are AMAZING, too....TONS of scent.

There are a few of the actual stores around Michigan..not sure how many stores go out of state, but I have seen various other stores CARRY Swan Creek.

HEY! Wanna swap candles???? I've never heard of Wood Wick! Would love to try a few out! Let me know! Wouldn't mind tripping out to Swan Creek!!
Wow those Swan Creek candles sound yummy!!!!!!! i wouldn't mind swapping if i had other wood wick candles on me- but i only had one and burnt it down i'm going to make a trip to get some more soon! You should definitely give them a try- they smell AMAZING and the scent last soooooo long and stays true each time you burn them (just be sure to pinch the wick down after it cools so that it doesn't smoke up and make the glass turn black). Hallmark always has them- you could see if you could find one there and give it a try!!! Oh yeah- be sure not to use a wood wick candle on a candle warmer (it'll ruin the wick). Is there a website for Swan Creek candles???
post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
is this their site carrie? if so- man those look yummy!!!! http://www.swancreekcandle.com/ what scents do you suggest?
post #7 of 21
we have some really nice places in Oz who have all the candles/oils/incense i could live on. Dusk, Le Desire, Ishka, Spellbox etcetc. Though i don't have a tonne of candles now (the father doesn't want me burning things, i even had to switch to an electric oil burner, ive never burnt down the house and i'm 23 ffs) but im still a candle tart i dont like banana, musk, vanilla, all those really sweet smells. I love woody smells like sandalwood/frankincense etc. Or lavender or rose or rose geranium or lemon verbena...well pretty much everything! lol
post #8 of 21
i have several chocolate ones that i really like.
post #9 of 21
I can't use candles around the birds. I used to like collecting ones that looked like mushrooms though.
post #10 of 21
Wood wick, and Yankee!! I do also like some of Wal Marts candles-the warm apple pie and hazel nut smell yummy!!
post #11 of 21
I like clove candles, and I have a butterscotch one that I really like.
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsallover View Post
I like clove candles, and I have a butterscotch one that I really like.
If you like Clove - you should try this one!!!!! It's one of my favorites and the scent is sooooooo great!!!!!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000MQP2XC
post #13 of 21
tarts all the way I go through phases so i keep my 900 or so tarts done in categorys. currently i am on fruit...I have rainbow sherbert and satsuma guava going..Yumm
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms View Post
tarts all the way I go through phases so i keep my 900 or so tarts done in categorys. currently i am on fruit...I have rainbow sherbert and satsuma guava going..Yumm
900? a woman after my own heart
post #15 of 21
Erm, Trout is far to curious for me to have candles around
post #16 of 21
I have a terrible fear of fire, too, so I only burn candles right beside me while I'm reading or working on the computer. The one I love best is called Eastern Fig, from the "Beeswax Collection" line. I don't know whether it actually smells like figs or not, but it's a lovely, subtle scent that flows very naturally into the room -- not at all intrusive.

Somewhere, I have some tarts I bought last year called "Christmas Cookie." But I'm afraid if I burn them, I'll end up baking!
post #17 of 21
We have a cute little shop down on our waterfront that has all types of candles and candle making products. I particularly like the fragrance of lavender which I find very relaxing, so quite often buy their candles as well as their simmering oils.
post #18 of 21
I LOVE candles! I like Wood Wick and Yankee the best, Party Lite isn't bad either and various off brands. I am not picky but I HATE ones that smell like food. I also can't stand most vanillas. I like the patchouli, lemongrass, florals, ginger, lotus, eucalyptus stuff like that. I also like to burn oils, musk scented ones and patchouli.

Oh Yankee Candles had a line of wine scents that I LOVED. They discontinued them though and I only run across them occasionally at thrift stores or flea markets. If anyone finds one, send it to me and I will pay ya back, or senf you one!
post #19 of 21
the best, most fragrant, long burning candles in the whole world are from Lighthouse Candles, a little shop in Salt Lick KY. They make them and let me tell you, once you buy from them, you won't be happy with any other candles. And I mean, white barn, bath and body, nobody's candles beats these.

I have tried and loved, strawberry, rose, Ky sunrise, blackberry, you guys have got to order one just to see...I promise you won't regret it.

they are so nice, I've given them as shower gifts, and people always want to know if I can get more, even though the phone number is on the candle label.

http://www.caverun.org/go/lighthousecandlesandgifts.htm

y'all have to check them out, they also have a scent list on that page. Let me know what you guys think.

ps...I don't work for them, nor am I related...just love the product
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
900? a woman after my own heart
yup..and i just made myself another 3 dozen today. i wipped up some pink lemonade
post #21 of 21
Yankee Peach or Grapefruit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What is your FAVORITE candle???