Chain cats fights, how to stop/prevent them?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got some nasty "chain cat fights" going on. One cat gets attacked, turns to attack another, etc.

The outside kitties.....Fafeena is 14. She goes after Goat-Head. Goatie is spending more time by the house. Could it be because Goat knows Fafeena is dying? Basically, the tamest 5 stick to the house, the 2 semi-ferals stay away from the house.....so the 5 are all fighting en mass.

What can I do to stop these fights? Yes, ideally they should all live indoors. Please do not question me on that. I'd just like to get the peace back. I keep them in the garage as much as possible, but with how hot it's been...I do not dare shut them in there.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like Fafeena may be trying to move in on Goatie's status before Goatie is ready to give it up.........feel stupid asking, but are they all fixed? I grew up on a 100 acre farm, we had barn cats, my dad (jerk) used the old "You can't keep a cat inside because I am allergic" excuse with me. Of course every single kitty was mine and me theirs! The king of the farm was Thumper, beautiful gold and black neutered tabby who lived to be 18! He died of old age, found him looking as if he passed in his sleep
When we lost him, anarchy came over the others...It was horrible, they just started fighting constantly,disappearing, some became extremely ill.... Our problem was they had complete freedom, it crossed with other cats that had the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fafeena is the 14 y/o. She is definately going. Her hair is falling out a lot in clumps(been vet checked for that). She's loosing weight, sleeps a lot. Vet thinks that her age is finally getting to her. They were all fixed in Feb. 2006. Except for a few ferals & one stray, there are 7 total fixed.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Fafeena is the 14 y/o. She is definately going. Her hair is falling out a lot in clumps(been vet checked for that). She's loosing weight, sleeps a lot. Vet thinks that her age is finally getting to her. They were all fixed in Feb. 2006. Except for a few ferals & one stray, there are 7 total fixed.
Oops, sorry, got the names mixed up
...my bad! One thing I can say is that your family of kitties is a inner circle, established society within each other and the home. When there are strays, roaming toms or females, the inner circle is threatened by just the simple presence of them, there is always a dominant kitty, spayed/neutered or not, that keeps the "law" if you will
.... What you are thinking sounds right to me. Sad that Goatie is picking on her though