The bender continues!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look what I just got on eBay for the cats to have in our new apartment!

A floor-to-ceiling cat tree! Here's the eBay link, as for some reason I cannot hyperlink...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:WNA:US:12

Oh, I hope it's stable, hope it's stable, hope it's stable...

Think they'll like it? I mean, it isn't exactly a WHEEL or anything, but they can literally run up the wall with this.

::: goes off muttering to herself something about being a crazy cat lady, there must be a name for it, like it's a disease or something :::

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH MY!!!! They're going to love it!!!! Great price as well! Hey if you can afford it - keep on spoiling them rotten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

You are so funny...You are like a crazy shopper, I LOVE IT
What, who, moi???

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!Yes they will love it.And BTW, what a GREAT deal

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your kitties should love it! I had one for my Molly (RB). She used it all of the time! I had to get it to keep her from climbing my curtains. Mine has been outside in the shed for a while, and I just brought it in for my kitties now, but it isn't as stable anymore. They don't like to go to the top.

Mine was very stable as long as it was inside. I think the humidity and such outside ruined it, but if yours is new, your kitties should LOVE it!!

Congratulations!

Maybe I should look on there....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
very nice!
i think they'll like it - & since it attaches to the floor & the ceiling, it should be very stable, as well!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol you keep this up, and you will need a new place and just let the cats and toys stay in this one hehe

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...I think they will love it! That price is pretty good so I hope it works out for you and for your babies.
I think if you can provide for them and spoil them, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. They deserve it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought that same tree/....

I took it back... it is great for a small cat under 8 lbs but evan my Zoey was too big.... other issue is it needs a FLAT ceiling ....

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I bought that same tree/....

I took it back... it is great for a small cat under 8 lbs but evan my Zoey was too big.... other issue is it needs a FLAT ceiling ....
I have flat ceilings at the new place, plan to use it in a corner and support it by attaching it to the wall.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I have flat ceilings at the new place, plan to use it in a corner and support it by attaching it to the wall.
I was looking at it for ours... it's perfect for a corner, but I was worried that it wouldn't support our cats, especially given that they're lunatics and BOUND and LEAP on it. I wonder if adding extra support will do the trick?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

I was looking at it for ours... it's perfect for a corner, but I was worried that it wouldn't support our cats, especially given that they're lunatics and BOUND and LEAP on it. I wonder if adding extra support will do the trick?
Well, for example, looking at that base piece alone, I KNOW I'm going to have to attach that to a wider, thicker base. Home Depot is around the corner and I have very handy guy friends.

I ordered the one that has two sisal posts, and think that if I attach some sort of shelf support to each of the perches so that they are each supported by the wall, that should provide the stability I need to allow for 9-pounders Penny and Ginger and the heavyweight fluffball furbeastie Ferris to be able to run up it or leap off of it and have it stay in place.

I'm looking forward to getting moved out of this place and settled into our new one!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
speaking of fluffy, fur-beastie Ferris - are you still planning on the lion cut for him?