Pre coffee/Post coffee

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I wake up I am a growling mean person that can do little more than grunt. As I stumble out of bed I grab a cup of coffee and turn into the nice loving person that I am. DH doesn't get it. He stood in front of the coffee pot this morning and decided to ask me questions about the grocery list. Pre-coffee Heather did this:

He then stepped out of the way.

Half an hour later, after I had my first full cup he asked again. Post-coffee Heather decided that we really could do a cold tomato soup this week.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Lmao poor hubby!

Glad you're better now
*hides from you*

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

When I wake up I am a growling mean person that can do little more than grunt. As I stumble out of bed I grab a cup of coffee and turn into the nice loving person that I am. DH doesn't get it. He stood in front of the coffee pot this morning and decided to ask me questions about the grocery list. Pre-coffee Heather did this:

He then stepped out of the way.

Half an hour later, after I had my first full cup he asked again. Post-coffee Heather decided that we really could do a cold tomato soup this week.
Yep, me too, I gotta have my coffee in the morning or no one will wanna be my friend.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am an absolute bear if I don't have my coffee. My poor BF learned this about a year ago. I was going to the doctor for a physical and they were going to do some blood work so I could not eat or drink anything after midnight. My appointment was at eight in the morning. I had no coffee and by the time he got me to the doctors I was ready to rip his head off

I had him stop at Burger King on the way and get me a cup of coffee before I went in so it would be all ready for me after I got out. He took a turn to sharp (which he always does and it always irritates me) and some of the hot coffee spilled on my hand.

You would have thought an atom bomb went off

Poor guy

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a very snappish lady if I don't have my coffee. I need at least 2 cups before anyone will talk to me because of it. I hate being talked to, or even looked at before I have coffee in me.(or some sort of caffinated equivaent to hold me until I can get to the coffee.) Thankfully our store doesn't open until 10:30 so I can have at least one pot gone before I have to deal with the public.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all of these replies sound familiar! I always say coffee is my life's blood lol!

Here's an avatar I have saved for future use

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

all of these replies sound familiar! I always say coffee is my life's blood lol!

Here's an avatar I have saved for future use
Now that's a cute avatar! I can totally relate!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard that from so many people..its weird, coffee doesn't change my mood at all..I just like having it in the morning

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the same way in the morning. I don't know if it's the coffee that changes me or just the time that elapses for me to fully wake.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then you ladies would love the coffee option at one of our local coffee stands hre in Portland... it's called the 'ER*911'

It has 6 shots of espresso in it... heh heh heh... I've had the double shot one... tempted to get the ER*911 though... although I may need medical help to get to sleep tonight... but then again, I haven't slept well the last two nights, so I'm more cranky than usual...

Urgh... off to work.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does it worry you that you need coffee to function? I would get worried if I was so dependent on something like that to make me a person my hubby wanted to talk to...

DH is not a morning person, but he doesn't drink coffee. Generally once he's had a shower and woken up a little he's fine. And even then, he's not grumpy, just sleepy.

I really don't drink caffeine at all and just don't get the whole coffee thing

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink coffee, and I don't have the patience to bother with tea in the morning, either. Nonetheless, I am perfectly delightful when I first wake up.

But around 3:00 or 3:30, when it's hot outside and my energy is spent and the novelty of a new day has long worn off... then you just better stay outta my way, buddy...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my sister kimmy is the same way
she's a coffee-a-holic
i swear she has a constant caffine "drip" running through her- she drinks way too much coffee lol.

i don't get grumpy when i don't have caffine. I get grumpy/turn into a heifer when i'm hungry....i get SOOOOOOOOOOOO hungry throughout the day- it's like no matter how much i eat i'm never full! when i'm hungry i don't function well and get sick easily (and snippy
) i try to eat 5-6 small meals a day and that helps!

i'm the opposite about coffee though than my sister. i LOVE a good cup of coffee on occassion- but i would never want to be dependant on caffinated things to function. i entirely quite drinking carbonated drinks when i was 11 (my own decision- i was doing a lot of competitive sports at the time- and carbonated drinks REALLY wreck your system). I went through withdrawl for about a month i swear! I was the nastiest person to be around and snapped at everyone when i was going through my soft drink withdrawl. After it was all over with though- i'm sooooo glad i did it! I haven't had a soft drink in over 11 years now and definitely couldn't be happier about that! Giving up my Dr. Pepper was the hardest thing- but as far as my health goes it was the right choice for me
Funny thing is i still remember exactly how coke,dr. pepper taste and occassionally crave it even though i haven't had one in over 11 years

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

my sister kimmy is the same way
she's a coffee-a-holic
i swear she has a constant caffine "drip" running through her- she drinks way too much coffee lol.
That sounds like my mother. She drinks coffee all day long. She goes through more coffee than I do in a week.

I usually only have two to three cups in the morning and once in a while if I am feeling worn down at work I might have a small cup but thats it.

I think my mom goes through two to three pots a day

Now the BF rarely drinks coffee, his vice is Pepsi but he is not a grump like I am if he does not have it.