Need bottle baby help fast!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He has very watery stools. I can't remember if it's because the formula is too rich and I need to add water? He has maybe 2 more weeks to go before I can start to wean him. What about canned goats milk? I know walmart sells it. Can I just switch him to that for the next 2 weeks? Do I add anything to it? Also, his eyes are starting to goop up. I clean them everytime I feed him but they still close up. What can I do to help him with that?

Thanks,
Chrissy

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he has very watery stools, then your formula has too much water in it. Try putting a little less water in the formula and see if his stools improve!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

If he has very watery stools, then your formula has too much water in it. Try putting a little less water in the formula and see if his stools improve!
Actually, this is incorrect. You are either feeding to much, or you need to continue to dilute the formula down.

About the eyes, don't force them open, simply press a warm damp cloth to the eyes, gently. Do this several times a day if possible, then wipe gently with a clean dry cloth. If the eyes continue to goop please see a vet.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say best of luck and keep us updated!
and good healthy hearty eating vibes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for moving this and thanks gang for the help. I thought the formula was too rich and started watering it down a bit at a time. His stools are starting to stay formed with an occasional loose but nothing like it was.

I use warm water and cotton balls on his eyes then dry with cotton balls. I use seperate ones, though. A total of 4 (2 dry and 2 wet). His eyes do stay open but oddly, I have to open them at his 4 am and 8 am feedings. The rest of the time they are open.

Also, he's finally cutting teeth. He was "chewing" on my pinkie this morning and I felt the little needle teeth. LOL I told him he's not chewing on me much longer.

Chrissy