OMG - Someone STOP ME!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week alone, so far I have placed two orders with Pet Food Direct for pet food and supplies:

Raw Instinct & Serengeti Dry, some Raw Rabbit medallions [expensive stuff!
] for Penny & a bunch of toys - like they need more
; and another Van Ness Extra Giant Litterbox to replace an older stinky one plus a litter locker refill cartridge.

Today, I ordered some more stuff from Drs. Foster & Smith:

Dried Chicken Filet Cat Treats, some Feliway spray on sale to help with the move, some catnip flakes and yet MORE cat toys
, AND I bought a bunch of wet food on sale at my local Stop & Shop (they've dropped the prices on brand names to the lowest I have seen ANYWHERE!)

I think I've spent about $300 on the cats this week alone!

And I STILL need to buy some more A&H litter!
No wonder my motorcycle is getting neglected so far this year!

OH - and I'm watching an eBay auction for a floor-to-ceiling cat tree with multiple perches, constructed from real wood. Am I completely insane, or what?!? Thank God for American Express and a steady job, is all I have to say.

Someone, HOLD ME BACK!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow woman! Moderation! We all love spoiling our kitties but $300 in less than a week... that IS insane. Alright... please step away from the computer slowely and no one gets hurt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Holy cow woman! Moderation! We all love spoiling our kitties but $300 in less than a week... that IS insane. Alright... please step away from the computer slowely and no one gets hurt.
But...but...but...I got 20% off the dry food order and 22% off of the litterbox and litter locker refill!

And now I'm TOTALLY stocked up on everything except cat litter! It should last me through most of the summer! And I would have had to buy all these things ANYWAY...

(How's THAT for rationalization!
)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Talk about spoilt rotten kitties!!!! Just how a kitty should be

So I take it you gave the litter locker another chance and all is going well?

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK, now I want you to s-l-o-w-l-y back away from your computer....

Turn it off, unplug it from the wall, shut off the monitor....just do whatever it is that you need to do to stop being sucked into the "let's spend money zone."

If that doesn't work, make a mad dash out of the room where the computer is
and head for your Harley. On a nice day like this, it's a shame that your computer is getting more attention than your Harley!

If you listen hard enough, you'll probably be able to hear it saying "
"

Now, get on that bad boy and ride!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Talk about spoilt rotten kitties!!!! Just how a kitty should be

So I take it you gave the litter locker another chance and all is going well?
Yes, actually, thanks to the feedback from other TCS members about how they've used it. I got two uses out of one cartridge, and it has just gotten to the "line" that appears when it needs to be replaced.

I did experience another SMALL break in the bag, but it was an easy clean-up, fortunately.

However, using it in my bedroom to keep odors to a minimum has not proven to be effective for the simple reason that the cats - all three - now seem to prefer to use the one in my bedroom for doing poopies in.

I'm slowly getting used to the smell.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

If that doesn't work, make a mad dash out of the room where the computer is
and head for your Harley. On a nice day like this, it's a shame that your computer is getting more attention than your Harley!

Now, get on that bad boy and ride!

Oh, I WISH I could, but I'm in the office for 9 hours, and the weather has been horrible here - we've had weather in the 50s most of the week with clouds and drizzle due to a storm that just PLANTED itself off the Atlantic coast.

And this weekend it is supposed to FINALLY be nice weather for riding, but instead I have to do all kinds of packing for my move!

I'm hoping that I get a chance to do some riding in August!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I overdid it this week. You just made me feel better.

No kidding about the price of those medallions.
Penny is a lucky kitty.
Have you found them locally anywhere? That should make them more affordable. I don't know what this place is, but it may have them...it came up on the NV locator.

BARKING CAT
266 Essex St.
Salem, MA 01970

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

But...but...but...I got 20% off the dry food order and 22% off of the litterbox and litter locker refill!

And now I'm TOTALLY stocked up on everything except cat litter! It should last me through most of the summer! And I would have had to buy all these things ANYWAY...

(How's THAT for rationalization!
)
Well, if your just going to rationalize it all any way why come asking someone to stop you... it's clearly too late!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put away the credit card and step AWAY from the computer... you can do it!

Sounds like you got some GREAT stuff!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, if your just going to rationalize it all any way why come asking someone to stop you... it's clearly too late!

And your point would be?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I thought I overdid it this week. You just made me feel better.

No kidding about the price of those medallions.
Penny is a lucky kitty.
Have you found them locally anywhere? That should make them more affordable. I don't know what this place is, but it may have them...it came up on the NV locator.

BARKING CAT
266 Essex St.
Salem, MA 01970
Oh, MAN! That's really close to me!

Oh well...now I know where to go NEXT time!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ummmm... good deals?!
OK - so maybe I didn't REALLY want anyone to stop me, maybe I'm just bragging about how spoiled rotten my kits are.

Is that better?

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And they're worth it!! Seriously, they're in the house all day, so as long as meowmy can feed both the kitties and herself a little (or big) splurge is ok now and then.
How's that for rationalization? besides you have to do all you can to make Penny comfortable in her new home.

I've gone on those buying jags, food, kitty trees, toys that get stuck under the stove...hubby looks around and says "if we have kids are you going to buy them all this stuff?" I say, "no not this exact stuff, no child wants a catnip banana"
"now go buy yourself another pair of snowshoes"...

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh, MAN! That's really close to me!

Oh well...now I know where to go NEXT time!
I didn't want to make you feel bad... just wanted to help.

But you know, in reality it'll probably cost you more...'cause if you're like me, you won't be able to go in there and leave with just one thing! LOL