I think I need my ears checked

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cause what I heard yesterday and what the director of the program I am in told me were totally separate things.

In short, at the convention I was at yesterday (were I got a bunch of free stuff), the director of the masters program I am in approached me and said something about a job application with the deputy sheriff's off _____<insert convention noise here> and that 52,000 applications were received..."

My first thought "cool! Applying with the deputy sheriff...which was followed by a second thought of "Is Michigan economy THAT bad that 52,000 people applied for one job?!"

So just to be on the safe side I email the director my updated resume and asked if the job was posted anywhere or if there were anymore details he could send me about the potential position.

Well I just received an email back...no, not what I had heard AT ALL. There is no deputy sheriff, just to send my resume in to the organization he named and then he was going to contact the HR person he's friends because 52,000 people apply to that site each year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Just blame it on the convention noise!!! Maybe use a q-tip.
LOL, I'll reply back "So I just back from the store after buying 5,000 pack of Q-Tips!"