Mean cat!

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pshh, can anyone tell me why some cats hate eachother? My cat sky constantly growls at Sweetpea when she walks by or eats next to her or anything! she sometimes even hisses, they have been in this house for YEARS and have yet to become "friends", Sky also does the same to my little dog Peanut. Why is this?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my cats are like that too. It is just their personalities. Also the fact that I think I have too many in a small space. I am thinking about taking my Himalayan to my moms, he CONSTANTLY gets picked on by some of the other cats and he LOVES my mother. I also thought about finding Pwne a home too, she just does not like sharing a house with so many others. She is also the alpha cat so her being stressed all the time affects the behavior of the others. She came from a friend and I took her to rehome, then we thought we might keep her, but it has always been up in the air. We thought after awhile she would be alright, but no.

Anyways, enough about me. I don't know what to tell you. Some cats are just like that. They aren't mean to each other like they don't attack or harm the others, but are just bullies. I especially see this in the females.

feral65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
who came first? sky, sweetpea, or peanut? how old are they?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Jen. Some cats prefer to be loners, some are all over the place... just like people.

My brood of 11 (going 12) is composed of a bully, a loner, an "ultimate fighter", a mentally challenged one, a sneak, an egotist, and 5 one year olds still enjoying life and growing up.
A day never passes by without some growling or hissing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by feral65

who came first? sky, sweetpea, or peanut? how old are they?
Peanut came last.....I think shes like, over 5yrs...Sweetpea and Sky are aleast over 10 years. I got Sweetpea when I was little (I forget the age), and Sky was given to us by somebody, so I never knew her age.