FLUTD - Bless you CatSite posters....

fionna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this site last night after getting really concerned about my little cat Pasquale. Am in rural Western Australia where cats mean little compared to sheep and cattle. So felt calling a vet about his symptoms, which mirrored all the FLUTD info other catsite members had posted, may not be received by a country vet very well, especially as it was 2 in the morning! Not the case - he said get her asap and that I had done the right thing phoning.

Loaded up the ute and drove the 3 hours to town (am way up the WA coast away from any city), avoiding kangaroos and emus which love to come out at night, with my darling Pasquale by my side.

He is now recovering after blockage removed but if it wasn't for this site and angels like yourselves, particularly those who are generous and brave enough to share their loss in order to save others, my darling little boy would not have made it.

There's a little white cat in Oz who's here today because of you - thank you will never be enough.

Anyone reading this after a trawling the net for info about FLUTD get to a vet asap - do not think you are over reacting - this is serious stuff and needs urgent attention.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad your boy is recovering.
I hope he continues to improve.

Welcome to TCS

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww i'm so pleased your little boy is recovering ok
I didn't see your thread but that's great that you took him to the vet to get the problem sorted.

Lots of ((((((((Healing vibes))))))))) coming over for Pasquale

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fionna

I found this site last night after getting really concerned about my little cat Pasquale. Am in rural Western Australia where cats mean little compared to sheep and cattle. So felt calling a vet about his symptoms, which mirrored all the FLUTD info other catsite members had posted, may not be received by a country vet very well, especially as it was 2 in the morning! Not the case - he said get her asap and that I had done the right thing phoning.

Loaded up the ute and drove the 3 hours to town (am way up the WA coast away from any city), avoiding kangaroos and emus which love to come out at night, with my darling Pasquale by my side.

He is now recovering after blockage removed but if it wasn't for this site and angels like yourselves, particularly those who are generous and brave enough to share their loss in order to save others, my darling little boy would not have made it.

There's a little white cat in Oz who's here today because of you - thank you will never be enough.

Anyone reading this after a trawling the net for info about FLUTD get to a vet asap - do not think you are over reacting - this is serious stuff and needs urgent attention.
Aww that's great to hear that he's ok. The ladies (and handful of men) here are gems. Welcome to TCS. I have a white kitty in Victoria
Yay for another Aussie!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad to hear your baby got help in time and is recovering. Welcome to TCS. Please do post pictures so we can meet the lovely boy, and come join this crazy family.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an incredibly wonderful thing for you to say! This is exactly why we're here. The number one link we all have is our deep love for our kitties
We have lots of fun when it's appropriate, but overall, we're here to help others in need of information or support. I'm so happy Pasquale is feeling better! You are such a wonderful parent! Welcome, to both of you, to the site!