Quill and I are having an argument.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
See, he wants to go outside. The front door was wide open for a good few minutes and suddenly my dad asked where the cat was because he wasn't inside ... this nearly gave me a heart attack!!!!

But all was good. Quill was snooping around the herbs on the front step and he stopped just long enough so that I grabbed him and hustled him back inside. We then went onto the upstairs porch, where he's allowed out, and we lazed around for awhile, cuddled, and then he bolted from my lap and went to the front door only to sit there meowing. I expressly told him that we could try the harness tomorrow, but he wasn't buying it.

We traded words (meows?) and it became a heated argument. So finally I resigned to playing "frisbee" with him. We did that for twenty minutes, and I was getting bored (he wasn't!) so I came back here ... and he's still yelling at me ...

So I told him that it was getting late and it wouldn't be good to go outside yet, and eventually he calmed down after I gave him a long skritch on his ear and shoulder because it is his favourite place to be skritched. Well anyway, he seems to have given up. Hopefully he'll sleep on my bed tonight.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the long run he got what he wanted allll along! Your attentiveness and love! He probably was just fronting, new he could really work the extra attention!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor sweetie - sounds like he got lots of loving, how he suffered!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's getting alot more vocal, he knows his name now and he hates being alone. I wasn't too worried about him being outside because eventually he'd be looking for me. I love him dearly but I think he would get himself lost in a closet if I wasn't around.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

See, he wants to go outside. The front door was wide open for a good few minutes and suddenly my dad asked where the cat was because he wasn't inside ... this nearly gave me a heart attack!!!!

But all was good. Quill was snooping around the herbs on the front step and he stopped just long enough so that I grabbed him and hustled him back inside. We then went onto the upstairs porch, where he's allowed out, and we lazed around for awhile, cuddled, and then he bolted from my lap and went to the front door only to sit there meowing. I expressly told him that we could try the harness tomorrow, but he wasn't buying it.

We traded words (meows?) and it became a heated argument. So finally I resigned to playing "frisbee" with him. We did that for twenty minutes, and I was getting bored (he wasn't!) so I came back here ... and he's still yelling at me ...

So I told him that it was getting late and it wouldn't be good to go outside yet, and eventually he calmed down after I gave him a long skritch on his ear and shoulder because it is his favourite place to be skritched. Well anyway, he seems to have given up. Hopefully he'll sleep on my bed tonight.

So, am I to gather from all this that Quill won the argument?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep
First thing this morning I got him a harness. We went outside for five minutes, he got freaked out by our neighbour who wanted to meet him, and then he was heading for the door
But I'm proud of him.