What do you like on a hot day?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just getting the car serviced and decided to go to 7-Eleven for a slurpee since it's stinking hot out there - 93F/33C. Oh mannnnn it's so good!!!!! A slurpee is just the perfect thing on a hot day.

I generally get a small cup, but decided to go for a big cup since it's so hot - I got a 40oz cup (I'm Australian and have no idea how much 40oz is...
). I'm about 2/3 of the way through it and can't drink much more - it's so much liquid! I just converted it and 40oz is 1.18L!!!!
I can't believe there was an even bigger size cup that I could have gotten.... whew!

Anyway, so what do you like to drink/do on a hot day??

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack up the a/c and hang out here
I can't deal with being outside when its too hot... so generally I just go out at night when it's cooler.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ew I dont handle heat well at all but if its a must a strawberry icee is good. If I were an alcoholic I would drink a pina colada, some flavor of a daiquiri or even a yummy brandy alexander mmmmmmmmmmm, just to reward myself for tolerating the heat.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Jack up the a/c and hang out here
I can't deal with being outside when its too hot... so generally I just go out at night when it's cooler.
Im all for this during the summer...Im a fall person cuz its so nice and comfy outside..Summer and winter are my least fav seasons

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like a ice cold beer and a big raft to lay in out on the lake. I have a summer house right on the lake, nothing beats that when it gets hot!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i like a ice cold beer and a big raft to lay in out on the lake. I have a summer house right on the lake, nothing beats that when it gets hot!!
Awwwww can I come too?!?!?!?!?!

I've just turned the air conditioning on, and the cats have just started moving for about the first time today. Poor things must really feel it!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watermelon is my all time favorite for a hot day. With popcicles coming in a close second, only banana, cherry or grape, I can't stand orange or raspberry.
Also really tart lemonade is great for helping you cool down..
Gee now I am thinking about popcicles and just can't resist having one.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the a/c turned on and are hiding from the 91 degree day. It's terrible. I was sweating when I left work. My car was an oven when I got in it and I had a window partially opened

Behind those fryers I thought I was going to just die, it was terrible.
and just think, i get to do it all again tomorrow (8-8). But I'm off Sat so I'm ok with that.
I can hide in my little world until Sunday morning when I have to venture out again and face the heat

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like minute maid's lemonade popsicles! They are refreshing and tasty and of course cold! Oh and it's freezing here practically! It was only in the 60's today! Soooo not normal for us this time of year!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yep, that sounds good to me

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowballs or Gelatis from Rita's (might be a regional thing...it's italian ice with custard)

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I was just getting the car serviced and decided to go to 7-Eleven for a slurpee since it's stinking hot out there - 93F/33C. Oh mannnnn it's so good!!!!! A slurpee is just the perfect thing on a hot day.

I generally get a small cup, but decided to go for a big cup since it's so hot - I got a 40oz cup (I'm Australian and have no idea how much 40oz is...
). I'm about 2/3 of the way through it and can't drink much more - it's so much liquid! I just converted it and 40oz is 1.18L!!!!
I can't believe there was an even bigger size cup that I could have gotten.... whew!

Anyway, so what do you like to drink/do on a hot day??
I would love a slurpee right about now. It's so humid in here. But then again I buy slurpees in the winter in December and January
Other than slurpees I like to cool down with a beer or else going up to Regina Beach and going swimming with my pals.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing better then ice cold water on the hottest day. Anything sweet makes nauseated if it is too hot.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't tolerate heat well- so I love the AC

But when its decent and hot scolding hot, I like to walk across the street to the lake and lay out on the floaty... and float on the lake.... which will be my backyard in 21 days!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, cold beer and a lake. And, when a lake isn't available, cold beer is still good!
But, if I actually have to get things done, I like unsweeted ice tea, sun tea if possible. Carbonated or sweet drinks don't help me when it's hot.