Pictures of Ginger

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've tried to get some good belly shots of Ginger. I really have no idea much longer she'll go. She's been pretty restless the last few days but it really seems more like she's just uncomfortable and can't find a good way to lie down. Any ideas based off her belly. I know it's just a guess, but it's still fun to guess.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such a pretty kitty! Should be fun to see what color of kitten she has.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to tell - she's a semi-longhair
But if you can get a bit of milk from the nipples (usually the back ones) then she's about 1-2 days of having them.

I'd guess in about a week. Start confining her to one room with the kitten box so she doesn't have them in a place you can't get to

BTW she's a pretty Brown Patched Tabby, so she should have a little bit of everything in the kitten colors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We got her about two weeks ago so she's been confined to the master suite area as she gets used to things. This will continue to be the case until the kittens are born. The only thing is that I still need to figure out how to keep her out from under the bed. It's a king sized bed and the distance between the ground and the bottom of the bed is about a foot. I might have enough pillows to put under it around the edges, but I'm not sure if that will keep her out. Any suggestions?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a large dog crate/cage you can borrow or buy? That would be best; otherwise she will probably end up having them under the middle of the bed where you can get to them or help her out, etc.

If you leave the closet open and put a box in the darker corner, she might use it that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenniferl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Do you have a large dog crate/cage you can borrow or buy? That would be best; otherwise she will probably end up having them under the middle of the bed where you can get to them or help her out, etc.

If you leave the closet open and put a box in the darker corner, she might use it that way.
I went ahead and put pillows under/around the bed so she can't get under there. The closet has a bunch of places she could get to where we wouldn't be able to reach her so that's closed off. We've closed everything off except the master bedroom and the master bath. We've got a nesting bed in the master bedroom and one in the master bath. There's an area under the counters for a stool so that's where we put the nesting bed in the bathroom, in fact you can see it in the first picture. I just need to move the trash can and I'll probably go in this weekend to pick up a cafe rod so I can put a curtain up for privacy. I do have a dog kennel in the master bath as well. I will use that for once all the kittens are born and if she uses it to deliver all the better.

She spends most of her time in the bathroom due to the cool tile so I expect she'll deliver in there and she's gotten into the nesting bed in the bathroom, but hasn't touched the one in the bedroom.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be great if she uses the dog crate
I had a large cage for mine and would cover it part way with a sheet for privacy. But the females were caged in there from about a week before they were due with everything and no problems having the kits in there.

That works only if you KNOW when the due date is.....