Please Vote for Maliboon!

fantasticfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, Maliboon may not be a kitty, but he's cute none the less. Maliboon is my husband in a gorilla outfit who has entered a video contest sponsored by Malibu Banana Rum.

I would appreciate your votes to help us win the $25,000 that's up for grabs! I would really appreciate it if you forwarded the web address to all your family, friends and foes and help us win.

http://www.youtube.com/contest/malib...l=true?goto=32

By the way, you can vote once a day, every day. If you don't have a YouTube account, they're FREE and easy to sign up and you won't get spammed to death. They don't send "newsletters" or anything.

Thank you very much!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I voted for it. I just noticed you are in San Diego. We should meat up one day. I also saw your DH is on a skateboard. He should come with us one night and bomb some of the local parking garages with the crew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fantasticfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I voted for it. I just noticed you are in San Diego. We should meat up one day. I also saw your DH is on a skateboard. He should come with us one night and bomb some of the local parking garages with the crew.
Sounds good! Except you may have noticed from the vid, DH is not exactly a Shredder! He did have a good time though. Have you been to the skate park in Coronado? That's where that segment was filmed.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No I have never been to that one. My DH and I usually go to the one in Ocean Beach. ITs a good place to learn.

Your DH does not need to be s shedder to join us, you could come too if you want to learn how to skate. I am still learning. I only have gone down the garage once and when I did I hit a wall, literally. So needless to say I stay up top and work on my skills. All the guys are really helpfull. They just love giving advice and spreding the stoke.

Tell your DH to sign up on the forum http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/index.php

Its all about skateboarding. They have videos and disscusions. There is one section dedicated to skate crews. Thats where all the info is about where and when meet ups will happen. We are members of the San Diego Skate Crew. In our thread there are pictures and video of all the outings. You should tell him that June 21 is go skateboarding day in Pacific Beach. Its a world wide event.
http://www.goskateboardingday.org/

If he or you want to join silverfish my screen name there is MrsSamhell and my DHs is Samhell.

Do you have any interest in it. I would love to get more girls involved.

fantasticfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the offer, but I'm nearly 50 years old and not exactly built for skating. Something about contact with concrete with any other part of my body other than the bottom of my feet is disturbing to me.

Although, DH would probably be more enthusiastic about doing it, he's quite busy enough with his new hobby and other work related stuff. He might be interested in shooting videos for you on occasion....?

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FantasticFeline

Thanks for the offer, but I'm nearly 50 years old and not exactly built for skating. Something about contact with concrete with any other part of my body other than the bottom of my feet is disturbing to me.

Although, DH would probably be more enthusiastic about doing it, he's quite busy enough with his new hobby and other work related stuff. He might be interested in shooting videos for you on occasion....?
Don't think of yourself as old. I feel the sameway about hitting concrete. I
haven't done that yet, but I did hit a wall. ITs just as hard as concrete but a bit more jaring. There are a ton of mom skaters, some older than you and I, I'm thirty, still young but old enough to feel more pain. I just don't bounce like I use too

You should check out Skateboard Mom. Its a great book but also a site for woman who are moms and found skating. It keeps you young. Plus I saw in your first post you have boys. It would be so cool of you to skate with them in a few years.
http://skateboardmom.homestead.com/s...dmomsclub.html

Go into the profile forum section and start clicking on girls manes. It brings up their profiles and ages. Apparently a lot of woman are using it for excersise.

If I don't stop now I will go on forever.

Tell your DH to check out Silferfish. Maybe he can join us everyonce in a while. If anything he will know when events like the Giant Slolom races are being held. They would make good family outings. Infact there is one on Saturday the 23 in Poway. If you want PM me and Ill give you the info. I bet your bows would love to see guys go down hill fst on a skateboard. Plu there usually are one of two famous skaters from the 60s there racing.

fantasticfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again. I'll pass along the info.

You should probably try and avoid those walls, they ALWAYS win!

"I just don't bounce like I use to..." Funny. Me too neither!

"I bet your boys would love to see guys go down hill fast on a skateboard."
You ARE funny! I'm sure there's nothing they'd like to see more!

Off to hit the soft, cushy pillows now, N'night!

fantasticfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read the contest rules again and apparently you can vote once per day, every day (if you should be so inclined)!