How to get rid of gas (TMI)

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK this is totally TMI but Im having a real problem. Ive had awful awful gas all week and nothing seems to help. Ive tried Beano and GasX. And neither one has helped. I have avoided gassy food but Im still very gassy. My stomach is totally huge and I keep farting.
Any advice on how to get rid of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

http://www.phazyme.com/

You can get it at any drug store.. in the same area as the gas-x
Thanks Ill stop by on the way home! This is driving me crazy. Theres only so many times you can blame it on the puppies!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let Mooch knead your stomach. She'll clear you out!

You made me think of a story though. My co-worker had her appendix out when she was a teenager. Well this was a long time ago, back when you had a zillion stitches and what not from the surgery. And she got really gassy after the surgery. It hurt her to 'toot' and it hurt her to hold it, so what they ended up doing was basically doing was using a tube with sort of a bottle on the end so the gas would release itself. She said the bottle amplified the sound!!!
Think of making a raspberry into a glass bottle.... the poor thing!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I started getting horrible bloating and gas and was taking antacid constantly, then eventually realised I'd become lactose intolerant which was causing it.

Maybe you've developed an intolerance to something? Is it worse at certain times of the day? Maybe try cutting different things out of your diet if it continues and see if that helps. I tried cutting all wheat products out first, then tried milky products and BINGO!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If gas-relieving products don't help, it may be that it isn't really gas that's produced by the digestive process, but simply air that you've swallowed. This can happen if you eat or drink too fast, or if you're nervous or talking while you eat.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to get horrible gas cramps - to the point I was sent to the hospital one time by my doctor to be certain it wasn't something more serious.

My mom always made me this drink and it worked within 5 minutes or less, is harmless but effective. (I was raised quite a distance from the nearest town on a farm so we didn't have the option of running to the store for remedies and my mom, being part Canadian Indian, had lots of home remedies.)

Take 1 tbsp. vinegar (white or cider doesn't really matter)
1 heaping tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground ginger.

Mix that all up and fill the glass to about 3/4 with water.

Stand over the sink and add 1 tsp. baking soda and stir.

When it starts frothing drink it as quickly as you can (just like you would an alka selzer). It will taste a bit like ginger ale but not store bought ginger ale. This worked miracles for me and it is all natural.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was having terrible gas after dinner, tried Beano, gas-x, all the usual suspects. No luck, turns out it was my calcium supplement. I was taking it before dinner and once I switched to another kind the gas stopped. Have you been taking any supplements?