DH just left for a little over 2 weeks!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just dropped him at the airport. He's in London for a day, Edinburgh for a week, then Dublin for a week. He gets to fly business class and is going to a conference that he's wanted to go to for years, but has been too expensive being in the Southern Hemisphere - and now works for a company who will pay for their staff to attend development conferences. He'll also be sharing a room with 2 guys who he's good friends with. So it all sounds awesome, but can you believe - he's dreading it...

I think he's sick of being away, he doesn't like being so far away from me now that I'm pregnant and the doctors are so worried about my heart. As well as that, while he's in Dublin, he's getting his new work visa for the US so is worried that's not going to go smoothly. And if they don't get his passport with visa back to him in time, he'll be stuck in Dublin for longer.

He was funny in the car, he was saying he was excited to come home again, cause Transformers will just about be out and we can go see that. Then he added "and of course I'll also get to see you and the kitties again". I can't believe he's excited about coming back to the kitties. I mean, I worry about the kitties when I'm gone and miss them, but I can't believe he admitted to missing them while he's away, and he hadn't even left yet
He's such a sucker which is why I love him

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's nice when they slip up like that isn't it!!!!!!! becareful for him!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww! My DH will be gone next week. Wonder how he'll react!

How are you planning to spend your time while he's away? I'm going to eat grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and all that kind of stuff! Yum!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He'll be back before you know it.

Do be careful and don't over do things while he's gone. Take some time to rest and relax.

I know you will miss him, but I suspect that Smudgie will miss him even more. She is definitely a Daddy's girl!!! And it's nice that he will miss the kitties too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

it's nice when they slip up like that isn't it!!!!!!! becareful for him!
Hehe yup, it definitely made me smile

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Awwww! My DH will be gone next week. Wonder how he'll react!

How are you planning to spend your time while he's away? I'm going to eat grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and all that kind of stuff! Yum!
Well I have my end of semester exams next week and I've been too busy with an assignment and work to do much recently, so have to finish all the coursework THEN try to revise everything else, so will keep plenty busy next week! Then I can finally relax a bit and enjoy the fact that I'm not working, and do all the things I haven't had time to do since I've been working and studying! My neighbours and friends always invite me out for dinner/activities when DH is away, so I think I'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

He'll be back before you know it.

Do be careful and don't over do things while he's gone. Take some time to rest and relax.

I know you will miss him, but I suspect that Smudgie will miss him even more. She is definitely a Daddy's girl!!! And it's nice that he will miss the kitties too
Oh yeah, she will miss him! She'll probably drive me bonkers in the meantime
And I'm sure when he said "I'll miss the kitties" he meant "I'll miss Smudge"

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is sweet that he was thinking of you and the cats (well, after the Transformer movie anyway
)

He'll be home before you know it and everything will go fine with his visa!