I just sent an email to Dyson...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...telling them about my taking the "Dyson Challenge" and providing the links to my thread and to the Dyson Vac Poll thread.

I also told them that my posts led directly to the purchase of at least two other vacuums, and potentially more.

I wonder if they'll email a response back to me... I do hope that they check out my thread!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool Betsy..I hope they give you a referral payout

Yah right eh?

I wish I could afford a Dyson
I will someday....OR I will visit Pami and vacuum her house for her

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they'll give free dysons to everyone... and then we could be their next commercial

"We gave dysons to 1000 cat owners and look at what our vacuums took out of their carpets...."

[insert gigantic mountain of cat hair here]

It could work!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Maybe they'll give free dysons to everyone... and then we could be their next commercial

"We gave dysons to 1000 cat owners and look at what our vacuums took out of their carpets...."

It could work!
We can only wish!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I wish I could afford a Dyson
I will someday....OR I will visit Pami and vacuum her house for her
You are invited!!!!

Want to hear some very sad news? When we move, I will only have 1 rug down, in the living room for sound quality. Only 1 rug to vacuum

It could work!
That is such a fantastic idea!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

You are invited!!!!

Want to hear some very sad news? When we move, I will only have 1 rug down, in the living room for sound quality. Only 1 rug to vacuum
Then you can ship it around to us people who have a lot of carpet!

I call first dibs

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they should give us all one and do a whole advertising campaign around it!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I think they should give us all one and do a whole advertising campaign around it!
I saw a commercial where they did that with Nikon cameras.... they should give all of us less fortunate people w/o Dysons one for a month.... or 12

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a FORM LETTER in response to my email!

It said, in part:

Thank you for sharing your Dyson experience. We're pleased that you are enjoying your purchase and we appreciate your support.

Dyson is committed to making products that work better for everyone. More than a third of Dyson's employees are scientists and engineers who are dedicated to pioneering the latest advancements in technology and design. It is this commitment that allows us to offer our products to customers like you.

Blah, blah, blah.

I sent them back another email telling them that I had expected a more personalized response, and did they even bother to look at the links I sent them?!

Grrrr....
I wasn't looking for a handout or any free product, but come ON, they could have done better than that.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh I HATE form letters. You take time out of your day to craft a very personal letter to them and all they can do is send you some computer generated blurb? Very tacky IMO.

The next business I open, I surely won't be doing that.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well thats kinda tacky- but I'm sure a lot of businesses are like that w/ form letters
I'm sorry you didn't get the response you were hoping for... did you get a form letter in response of your one you responded with?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of places do a form letter to start with just so you know your email was received, then send a more personal response later. So maybe you'll get something still

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this is what they wrote:

I did view the links and I also shared them with the entire office. We do appreciate your support and referring others to buy a Dyson vacuum. I was amazed at the cat hair that was removed from your rug after using the Dyson.

So I wrote back with a thank you for the more human response. Then I shared with them MuttigreeMom's idea.
I'm NOT expecting a reply on that one, but thought they'd get a kick out of it.

And you just never know.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they go through with it, I either want and updated Dyson or some sort of "finders fee" for the idea

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

And this is what they wrote:

I did view the links and I also shared them with the entire office. We do appreciate your support and referring others to buy a Dyson vacuum. I was amazed at the cat hair that was removed from your rug after using the Dyson.

So I wrote back with a thank you for the more human response. Then I shared with them MuttigreeMom's idea.
I'm NOT expecting a reply on that one, but thought they'd get a kick out of it.

And you just never know.
At least you got a 'real' response this time!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I wouldn't say no if they wanted to give me one. I think all I have to do is show them a picture of Scratch and they'd send me one out of pitty!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It could work!
I'd be willing to do it for them!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If they go through with it, I either want and updated Dyson or some sort of "finders fee" for the idea
Well, I got another reply to my reply, and this time she said:

I will pass this on to the Marketing department who knows what may come of this!

So I'll keep you posted if their Marketing department contacts me!