Question of the day 6-14-07

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've missed having the question of the day, so I thought I'd start it up again... if Susie doesn't mind!

Your entire wardrobe has been mysteriously stolen. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s just gone. You must replace the whole wardrobe, but you can only buy clothes from the following decades. Which decade will you choose?

The 20s?
The 50s?
The 70s?
or
The 80s?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YIKES!!!! Probably the 70's as I was in high school/college back then and actually many of the styles now are similar-platform shoes,flip flops.....I do have one item from the 70's I V necked sweater from high school-yes it fits too!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have to go for the 70's hippy, boho look. I already do tiedye.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm torn between 1950's and 1970's. I have to remember I am fat and the 70's has a lot of tight long designs that wouldn't go good on me, but they did have some cute ones too! So... one of either!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I will do 70's - just wanted to mention - not all 70's - no disco for me. Like the music - not the clothes!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since I was in high school in the 80's, I have to go with 80's.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I would have to say 1920's.

Very sexy flapper stuff
Of course, the hippie era of the 70's provided so pretty groovy and comfy clothes but I
flapper dresses!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I'm torn between 1950's and 1970's. I have to remember I am fat and the 70's has a lot of tight long designs that wouldn't go good on me, but they did have some cute ones too! So... one of either!
I'm probably in the same boat, my fashion sense says 70's would be more fashionable now, but my curves say 50's...bring on those dresses!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1920s definitely. I have some of my relatives' old flapper stuff stored away at my moms house. It's such cool stuff.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I would have to say 1920's.

Very sexy flapper stuff
I don't have the right body type for the flapper clothes, but I love the styles nonetheless.

If I wanted to actually flatter my figure, I'd go with the 1950s-style clothing.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

I'm probably in the same boat, my fashion sense says 70's would be more fashionable now, but my curves say 50's...bring on those dresses!
while I LOVE the go-go looks from the 70's, the plunging neck lines, the narrow legged pants & bell bottoms, I am very cury, with a JLo booty.... so I'd have to go with the 50's.... nothing like an A line to make you look tiny!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Of course, the hippie era of the 70's provided so pretty groovy and comfy clothes but I
flapper dresses!
That is what I was thinking! I think it would be fun to get to wear all the stuff from the 20s.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

while I LOVE the go-go looks from the 70's, the plunging neck lines, the narrow legged pants & bell bottoms, I am very cury, with a JLo booty.... so I'd have to go with the 50's.... nothing like an A line to make you look tiny!
Hey, she didn't say we had to look good in it!