Chocolate chip cookie recipe??

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All these food posts are getting me hungry

for bad food
!

Anyone have a recipe for THIN CRISPY chocolate chip cookies?
I want to make them like the Tate's Bake Shop cookies -- tried the recipe in their book but not as thin & crispy as their pre-packaged ones ($6 for 10 ultra-thin cookies!)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll look when I go home - I have a Ms. Field's Cookie recipe book - it is bound to have something!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I'll look when I go home - I have a Ms. Field's Cookie recipe book - it is bound to have something!
I will be waiting to see that, I love choclate chip cookies

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have one for thin and crispy but I do have a great one for cookie bars! Actually, I don't. It's just the recipe on the bag of Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chips... but they are so good.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a great one for the standard slightly chewy cookie, but not for a thin crisp one.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe a regular recipie but make them extra small and flatten then first and cook them less time... and let them cool completely!! They sure do sound yummy though!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Maybe a regular recipie but make them extra small and flatten then first and cook them less time... and let them cool completely!! They sure do sound yummy though!
Good idea.. and perhaps a little extra butter?

I just looked around and found this Directions for all types of CC cookies using the same recipe w/ small manipulations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Good idea.. and perhaps a little extra butter?

I just looked around and found this Directions for all types of CC cookies using the same recipe w/ small manipulations.
Thanks for the link! Went out & got some chips...will probably try to make them this wkd!
(Did you see the recipe for thin, crisp, AND chewy?! that'd be the every version-in-one cookie??
)

P.S. Will have to come back & ask for people's favorite chewy recipes in the winter time...just seems like chewy choc chip cookies are made for cold weather

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chill the dough before placing on the cookie sheets. This takes longer but is worth the effort. Between oven batches, cool the pans completely, or outside in the cold night air for a couple minutes before spooning on more cookie dough.

This helps to keep each cookie tall so they won't melt down and flatten (and burn quicker). Keeps the moisture in.

Cover in sealed container once out of the oven. Again, to keep the moisture in longer.