questions about declawed cat

justicelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, let me start off that i am not the one who declawed him, i don't believe in it.
the question is, do i have to take any precautions with this? special litter? anything like that? my guess is he has been declaws for a while if that helps any.
any advice, or point to a previous thread would be greatly appreciated

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's not freshly declawed and not having problems related to his declaw then, no, nothing special you need to do aside from the no outdoors thing.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He might prefer the softer clumping litter over regular clay litter. The only problems you might have is him not wanting to use the pan no matter what you put in it, or he might bite more in fear cause of no defense.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

He might prefer the softer clumping litter over regular clay litter. The only problems you might have is him not wanting to use the pan no matter what you put in it, or he might bite more in fear cause of no defense.

my cats were all front declawed by previous owners. they have definite preferences in litter--they like soft sandy scoopable litter. arm & hammer scoop, wal-mart scoopable with crystals, target's pet essentials scoop, and schnuck's scooping litter seem to be their favorites.